More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by D!$N3Y D!$N3Y

Where does the story go now?

Meanwhile, in Jump City...

Titans Tower stood tall, and as proud as ever. As for its residents, they had gathered outside on the training field as Robin said it would make them 'more efficient as a team'. He stood before his four friends, pacing back and forth and explained what was to happen. "Today's exercise is all about cooperation, using your powers and abilities to protect each other. Two team members will do a full lap around the course, and will be timed on who will make back the fastest."

"Dude, we're already a great team," Beast Boy put in. He was none too excited about being there, and he counted their major victories on his fingers. "We stopped Slade's plans more than once; we beat Trigon for good; and we put the Brotherhood of Evil, and most of the villains that joined their club, on ice. If that doesn't prove it, what will?"

"Let us not forget," Starfire interrupted. "A few of our victories were done individually: I defeated my sister; Cyborg bested the Brother Blood..." Victor (Cyborg) beamed happily about that fact, saying his signature 'boo-yah' smugly.

"And I defeated my father," Raven reminded Garfield (Beast Boy).

Dick got his team's attention back, continuing, "Just because we won those battles, Beast Boy, doesn't mean we can always win that way. It takes more that just fighting together, like how Raven and Starfire combine their powers to be more effective." B.B. crossed his arms with a sigh, quietly admitting that his leader had a point. "OK. Raven, Cyborg? You're first." The two of them got into position as Robin went to the terminal to set the timer. "Remember, don't attack right away. Know each other's strengths and weaknesses."

"Alright, Robin," Rachel (Raven) replied. "We get it." Robin comically got annoyed, but quickly composed himself as he pushed the button.

"Go!" They both took off running, and were instantly greeted by a barrage of laser fire. Rachel was quick to tap into her dark, telekinetic powers to create a concentrated barrier in front of him, and that gave him good cover to counterattack with missile launchers in his shoulders. He fired and took out the turrets quickly, just before Rae dropped the shield. Before they knew it, they came to the part of the obstacle course where the ground opened at their feet, becoming a huge rectangular chasm. Victor knew he couldn't make that big a gap, even with his sonic blasters in his feet to act as springs, so it was up to Raven.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" she chanted, creating a dark telekinetic bridge from one side all the way to the other. But just as it connected, a new part of the course emerged from the ground: tall battle robots, not unlike the ones with long pincers Slade used against them. They all charged at the two, and Cyborg told her to keep that bridge steady until he said otherwise. Rae walked across, trying to stay focused on keeping the bridge solid while he used his Sonic Cannon to blast them! One or two dodged the blasts, but a lot of them got hit badly until one grabbed him tight! She was halfway across when she looked behind her, seeing her teammate was in trouble, so she blasted more dark energy and severed the robot's grip on him. He muscled his way out and ran along the bridge, with the robot right behind him. It wasn't long before he was nearly there, so Rachel began retracting the bridge from under them. When he finally reached terra firma, he did a complete 180 and socked the robot's head and knocked it backwards, down into the dark abyss.

"Come on!" he said, and they continued towards the finish line. Only to have their jogging interrupted by metallic tendrils that coiled around them both. With Raven's mouth covered, she tried to use some of her power to spare, and Cyborg tried coming to her rescue with his built-in chainsaw to carve all the tendrils into small pieces. Once freed, they kept running and used the chainsaw and powers to block them from seizing the two. Cyborg had put his saw away, seeing the finish line right up ahead. Unfortunately, there was yet another claw robot to intercept them, grabbing them both just as tightly. They struggled to free themselves, but then Cyborg had an idea, looking to Raven. "How about some real teamwork?"

"Alright," Raven grinned some, knowing what was on his mind. Cyborg armed his Sonic Cannon again, and she chanted her spell again just before Cyborg fired. The combination of darkness and his sonic attack made a grand explosion while the robot was pushed back, causing it to let go and propelled the duo forward to cross the finish line. Robin stopped the timer, pleased with the results for their run through. He congratulated them on a job well done, and said that it was Star's and B.B.'s turn. Garfield was starting to object when Robin's communicator, B.B.'s belt, Cyborg's red eye and Raven's cloak jewel begin blinking red.

"Trouble," they all agreed.

What's happening?!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)