More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ExpansionMaid ExpansionMaid

Who finds the package the next morning?

Lucy

Lucy opened an eye, not sure if she was dreaming or not. "What was this sound ?" the 5'6 pale, skinny girl muttered under her blankets. Her room was dark and quiet, and the clock indicated 2:21 AM. She was ready to go back to sleep when again, she heard something and was sure she wasn't dreaming : she recognized the sound of her house's mailbox being opened and closed quickly. Standing up, she went to her window, hearing a new strange sparkling sound on the way, but couldn't see anybody in the street. But there's definitely something in the mailbox ! she thought, curious.

She wasn't sure about all of this, but couldn't help herself : she had to check this. Maybe it was some kind of surprise, and she wanted to be the first to know. Still in her black nightgown, she ran silently to the door, and opened it slowly, checking if anybody was out there. But she didn't fear anything, and her curiosity had to be satisfied, so she ran to the mailbox, quickly took the small package, locked the main door behind her and ran back to her room. Lighting her bed lamp, she examined the strange package, noticing something written on it.

"Strange. No address, nothing, And what about the wish thing ?" Lucy remembered some kind of story about a boy receiving a magic lamp from a stranger and making all kind of crazy wishes. The box was a bit too small for an Aladdin's lamp, so Lucy opened it to check what it was. Discovering a perfectly black box, she smiled "Black. At least, the box is nice." and opened it to find... a small black and silver dictaphone. No manual, no batteries, no accessories, nothing. Just a small dictaphone.

"What's that ? A voice recorder ?" she looked at it under the light, but finding nothing written over it, she decided to give it a try. "So, wishes, eh ?" looking around her at her collection of pictures of goth and steam-punk girls, she thought about a test-wish. Eventually, she took the dictaphone close to her mouth, clicked on the record button and said "I wish I had a very rich gothic dress on my bed". And...

Nothing happened. "Okay, thanks for nothing." she muttered, frowning at the thing. But suddenly, an idea hit her. She clicked again, and this time said "I Have a very rich gothic dress right on my bed."

This time, she moved back as she heard a strange sparkling sound coming from the middle of her bed, as a small black form was appearing ; first, it was just a piece of dark fabric, but suddenly, it began to stretch in all direction. Lace appeared here and there, and the form slowly turned into a dress. Lucy was agape, looking at the strange show, and she was hoping that her family wasn't hearing the stretching and tearing sounds of the thing enlarging, wires appearing, the upper part of the dress turning into an impressive corset. Everything on the dress was looking really neat and tidy, and finally, the sounds stopped as the rich dress, complete, was on the bed ready for Lucy to try it.

"What the..." she could barely talk, and needed some time to find the courage to quickly touch the dress with her hand before retreating. This was real. She had some kind of magic device. "I've got at least one million ideas !" she said, trying to smother her joy.

What ideas does she have?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)