More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by vanillathunder vanillathunder

Which story will you choose?

Lost in the Snow

Well, today was turning out to be quite a disaster! You thought a nice trip to a cabin up north would be a good idea to finally get to work on writing the great American novel. And things were going pretty well, until you ran out of firewood. Now, even though you were a writer, you were no stranger to manual labor, and the actual act of chopping the wood wasn’t the problem, the problem was that while you were out searching for suitable wood, a sudden storm picked up and you got turned around. With no idea where you were or even what direction you were facing, you trudged through the wind and snow for hours, getting colder and more tired until you came upon a chalet.

Knocking on the door, you heard no answer and so tried the doorknob, which was unlocked. You quickly pushed open the door and rushed inside. The inside of the house was no warmer than the outside, but being out of the elements, even for such a short time was a welcome panacea to the biting wind burning your face.

“Hello? Is anybody home?” you shouted, but received no response.

The chalet was dark, but you could make out that it was a rather nice chalet from the furniture as you opened up all of the curtains to let in what little light there was outside. Spotting a book of matches on a nearby table, you quickly rushed to the fireplace, which was fully stocked with wood, and lit it aflame.

“Ahhh…” you rubbed your hands together.

Basking in the glow and warmth for a few minutes, you quickly began to realize how wet your clothes were, and started to disrobe, spotting a drying rack next to the fireplace, and you started placing all of your clothes onto the rack. The only article that wasn’t wet was your underwear, and so you started to wander through the cabin in just a pair of boxers.

You came across a nearby bathroom, furnished with an antique claw-foot bathtub, that had a pair of fuzzy white slippers and a fluffy white robe hanging near the door. Normally you wouldn’t wear something like that, of course, but times call for measures.

“Not really my style, but comfort trumps tradition, I suppose.” you remarked to no one in particular.

Now that you were warm and able to think, it was time to figure out your next move. You could check the kitchen, and see if there’s any food to eat. You could also check for a bedroom to rest.

Where should you go next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)