More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Abdulalahazred Abdulalahazred

What's next?

Lorn

There was a bitter, cruel laugh that would raise the hairs on the back of Lorn’s neck had he still possessed them. Bargle gloated at the defeat of the party and stride slowly down the stone stairs to admire his grisly handiwork. Lorn’s friends and comrades were all dead. Amra the mighty themed Barbarian. Klepto the cunning thief. Lucas the surly Mage. All dead now.

Then he heard and watched Bargle casting another spell. In his disembodied state he could still perceive the world with all his senses. “Hmmm what treasures do we have here I wonder. A magical dagger. Useful. Some weapons. Hmmm valuable. An amulet. Interesting... but a trifling spell upon it I see.” His fingers inspected the treasures. Clearly Bargle had cast a spell of detection to loot their corpses of their magic items. Klepto’s daggers were magical as was Amra’s sword and boots. The amulet in which Lorn’s consciousness now resided... That would appear magical on a cursory inspection.

With his body dead all that Lorn could do was try to possess another body. But whose? Bargle was much too powerful and might have magical defences. He had no human guards... that just left infamous wizards slaves. Lorn shuddered inwardly. The rumours of Bargle’s proclivities were somewhat disturbing. He would use charm, feeblemind, geas, curses, memory manipulation, love philtres and other spells to bend his slaves to his will...

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)