More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by gypsygirl84 gypsygirl84

Who was washed up on the beach?

Lord Anthony and Lady Lindsay

 Hundreds of years ago, the ancestors of the modern Polynesians utilized primitive sea vessels and the currents of the South Pacific to inhabit the various islands in the South Pacific. Beginning in the 18th century, Europeans using more sophisticated sail vessels and those same ocean currents established contact between the two civilizations.

One set of islands, the Paradise Islands, were isolated from the currents that connected the rest. Polynesians were not even aware of their existence-the ancestors of the present inhabitants arriving strictly by misfortune-and they remained unknown to Europeans until 1788, when the HMS Discovery ran into a particularly nasty storm. All hands were lost. All hands, that is, save Anthony and Lindsay Willington.

 Lord Anthony and Lady Lindsay were the twin 18 year old offspring of one Viscount Edward Willington, ambassador to the court of King Kamehameha The Great (the King who would eventually unite all the Hawaiian islands under his rule). Both children were well educated and a had a spark of the adventurism that had made the English the producer of some of the greatest explorers in the world. Both were thrilled at the aspect of joining their widower father in his post, even if it were only for a few years. Imagine, living on an island on the opposite side of the world.

 Anthony and Lindsay were both fair-skinned, blonde and blue eyed. Both were active young adults, and adept in those skills that were considered fit for their gender and station. Anthony was a well-built, 6 foot 2 inches, and excelled in all sorts of sports, as was the English ideal of the time. Lindsay was a petite 5 foot 2 inches, fit but curvaceous, and equally at home whether in the saddle or in front of a piano forte. Anthony could be a bit of a rogue at times, though never to the extent that it would bring dishonor to his name. Lindsay was always a prim, proper young lady, though there was always a bit of deviltry sparkling in her eye, looking for an opportunity to get out.

 It was a nasty storm that caught the Discovery by surprise, with the two children shuffled off quickly into a boat, along with the First Mate and a trio of crewman. The sea took the lives of all but the two young scions of nobility; these, the sea deposited on the beach of the largest island of the Paradise Islands. 

The two teenagers were discovered by...

Who were Anthony and Lindsay discovered by?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)