More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by HigherPursuit HigherPursuit

What's next?

Look for a job

I never really had a job before, but I thought I'd give it a shot. A lot of people were getting jobs nowadays at big franchises. Before leaving, I stopped by Mr. Francis' office. He was part of the careers team.

"Hey Mr. Francis. I'm looking for a job and I was wondering if you could provide me with resume tips?"

When I looked at Mr. Francis, I had a weird feeling. It was as though he was bad news. But he proved to be charming and very easy to talk to. He was a tall, single man in his 40s. He was a slightly overweight man with glasses. He had that typical old-nerdy man look, with a moustache.

"Hey John. Yeah that's great to hear. I support people looking for work. Come sit, please." I sat across his desk.

"So, what type of job are you looking for?"

"Anything really. I'm mainly just looking for money to pay for prom" I reply.

"Uh-huh. Well you've come at good time. If you're only looking for short-term work to pay off your prom, I have a proposition for you if you're interested. And it's quick and easy money."

That feeling came to me. It was things like this that he had said that made me uneasy. Quick and easy weren't exactly words that I trusted, especially from Mr. Francis.

"What is it?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well, our housekeeper has recently gone on holidays. I'm looking for general maintenance, like mowing the lawn, cleaning. Things of the sort. Every weekend. You'll have enough for ball and more depending on how much you do. It's better than applying for jobs and interviewing and maybe not getting the job. What do you say? I'm planning on looking for someone tonight if not."

It was true. I might not even get a job by then. And I only had right now to accept.

But I have a bad feeling.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)