More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Caelum83 Caelum83

What happens next?

Let's help out.

“I’m Kairi, by the way. Nice to make your acquaintance!” the girl said, smiling warmly at you. You looked back to her and said “ah, yeah, my name is John. And the feeling is mutual.” you said as you got on your feet. Kairi, with her hand folded around her back, stood next to you and bend forward, looking at your face, asking “Hi, John have you by any chance seen a boy with spiky brown hair come by going by the name Sora?”

Sora! She called that name too in your dream. You pulled up your shoulders and said “Sorry, can’t say that I did. Friend of yours?” Kairi’s smile faded a bit and she said “Yeah. We were gonna build a raft to get of this island and travel together with Riku, another friend. But I can’t find Sora anywhere. Last time I spoke to him was yesterday evening. I hope he’s alright…” Seeing the worry in her eyes, you could not do anything other than to try and cheer her up, saying “He probably is, don’t worry. Probably exploring or getting stuff for the raft. Hey, can I help you getting parts for the raft too? I am quite the raftbuilder myself and am brilliant in tracking down specific items.”

Kairi’s eyes got their light back as her smile returned. “Yeah, that Sora is probably sleeping somewhere, trying to get out of doing his tasks for the raft, the lazy bum. But if you want to help me, that would be awesome!” she said as she clapped her hands together joyously, as she gave you a scrap of paper. “Riku is already searching for the top half of the list, so if you could go and collect the bottom half?” she asked. You looked at the list on the paper and nodded “Done deal, Kairi. These shouldn’t be hard to come by.” Kairi smiled shyly and raised a hand. “Let’s do our best!”

The rest of the day you were looking for items on the list, finally getting everything on it by the end of the day. Just before you went back to the meeting spot, another white flash accompanied by another destabilizing feeling hit the world. “What’s happening to this world? This can’t be still a dream, right.” you thought to yourself. Though you couldn’t really remember anything from another life before this. As you walked back you saw Kairi waving happily when she saw you approaching.

“You ARE good in tracking down items! Wow, great quality too. These are gonna make for a great raft!” she said while she looked at the gathered items with huge eyes. “Tomorrow we can start building a raft! I’m curious to see your raft building skills in action, if they are as good as your tracking skills, tee hee.” she smiled, a blush appearing on her cheeks. Looking around, she added “And I hope Sora will be present then too…” You and Kairi stayed together for a bit talking about the island, the raft and new, exciting worlds, then she left for home, wishing you good night and made you promise to meet her here the next morning. Strangely your origin, where you came from and where you would be living on this island didn’t get mentioned in the conversations. As you were lying on the beach, thinking over the past day, you fell asleep on the still warm sand.

As the night falls, will you have a good night's rest?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)