More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Dogdog Dogdog

Who is the main protagonist of this time-based adventure?

Karter Jackson - A young man struggling through college

WHUMPFFF

Rocks and unsteady boulders collapsed. Giving way with a forceful burst, scattering on impact, and leaving the only exit unusable.

Dust filled the air, stirring up a brown transparent hue of dirt that stung Karter's eyes, even while he had them closed shut and was coughing profusely through the unprompted occurrence.

Though, unprompted was par for the course when exploring an abandoned temple. Stones ready to crumble at the slightest hint of human life is on the harmless side of shit that can go down. Yet it was still disorienting regardless. No amount of experience maneuvering through trap-filled ruins or endurance testing trails could prepare for a sudden and loud noise that sends dirt, among other things, flying into one's face.

"Why can't..." Karter paused to cough out a dime-sized pebble into his gloved hand. "We ever go out the way we came?

His partner displayed how much she respected his input by not responding.

Okay. That wasn't entirely accurate. For one, she wasn't his partner... More like... What's the word? Oh yeah, professor! They both start with a ''P'' so they're practically the same word.

Valery. Or, Ms. Anderson, as she asks her students to call her.

And two. She was actually one of the kindest, and youngest professors on campus. The only reason she'd ignore anyone would be if she just simply didn't hear them. And after such a loud noise that had yet to fully settle, Karter wouldn't blame her for not picking up on his voice.

Instead of responding, she proceeded to remove a few stray pebbles of her own. A couple pittered out of her upturned boot as she arched her toned back and shook it carelessly. And then, after reequipping her boot, she continued to ignore him while carefully picking at her cleavage. Removing three wayward rocks that found rest in the cavern her ample breasts created.

Obviously, Karter appreciated the sight of his professor prodding at her breasts. Particularly the subtle jiggles that rippled throughout them as she swiped the dust and glistening particles which formed in her cleavage due to the sheen of sweat coating her lightly tanned skin..

Sweat, he noted, that formed in the perfect positions to emphasize the woman's well-kempt figure. It made a damp spot that lined the crease of her curved cheeks. The material of her rugged jeans was thin enough to breathe while also allowing anyone around to appreciate the way it tightly hugged her hips by the belt around her waist.

But overall, the heat was more bothersome and irritating than anything. Karter's hormones could only do so much to blind him to the situation at hand.

Despite his natural attractiveness to Ms. Anderson's big chest, toned waist, and FAT ass (may don't emphasize that word so much), he was more intent on showing the woman his worth. He was on this ridiculous expedition with his professor for no other reason than to get extra credit. And the more he helps, the more points he'd secure. Or, at least, that's what he's hoping for.

Which is why he pushed back any perverse thoughts that stemmed from her hand inching into her own cleavage right in front of him. That tank top that hung glow while clutching her sweaty chest didn't help. But his professor was kneen and dexterous; her senses could flare at a moment's notice. If she were to spot his perversion at play, well... He'd probably lose out on any chance to go on more extra credit outings with her.

Why would Ms. Anderson choose a guy who she knows will be too distracted ogling her to serve as any real help?

Having finished brushing herself off, she continued down the dim cavern they were now trapped in, stringing her hands through her jet-black hair as she walked. Despite himself, Karter studied her curly abundance of hair, which was done in a ponytail, and brought his hands to his own head, feeling rubble stuck between his locks.

"Hey, Ms. Anderson.." Karter played with his hair as he followed the woman walking ahead. "A response would be nice... Some kind of acknowledgment. Something like, hey-"

Ms. Anderson came to a halt, she stopped before a branching path with the cave spitting out in two directions. "Hey..." She placed a hand on the curve of her exposed midriff and turned to face him. A look, somewhat annoyed, appeared on her face. "The map, please." She said with an outstretched hand.

Is it possible for an outstretched hand to appear irked? Apparently. Karter eyed the hand for a few seconds and let out a sigh. He reached behind him and unhooked the map from his backpack.

"Yeah I know that's what I'm here for." The map was held out in his hand. "To carry your junk on my back."

Ms. Anderson took the item without a word and unfolded the map. "Mmmmmm...." An inaudible hum seeped between her closed lips. Her emerald green eyes scanned the decrepit looking sheet in her hands.

Watching her in silence, Karter felt his gaze wander down her body, right when she came to a conclusion. "Left." She said with conviction and folded the map shut before sticking it in her tight rear pocket.

"Wow..." Karter mumbled. "So I'm not even good enough to hold the map anymore."

It was times like these where he didn't feel as guilty trailing his eyes over Ms. Anderson's fit figure as she walked. If the woman was going to be so annoyed by him, at least she's hot enough to make being around her bearable. Her glutes shifted with each step, creating the slightest jiggle from her passive movements. The almost form-fitting jeans she wore were definitely built for the job, with its rugged material.

He sighed and followed her down the left pathway.

"Alright.." Ms. Anderson came up to a decrepit stone wall that restricted their path. She halted before it and huffed. Placing her hands on her hips, the woman studied the wall for a few moments then stepped forward with an outstretched hand.

Her gloved fingers rested against the wall as she slid the tips of her fingers along its surface. A furrowed brown displayed her slight annoyance. Something was muttered under her breath while she attempted to search for something on the wall.

During her efforts, Karter stood back. He didn't wish to get in her way and bring up another reason for her to be bothered by him.

She must've noticed his unnatural quietness since Ms. Anderson's green eyes flicked to the side while her hands continued their search. She took a quick glance towards him the swished them back to the wall for a second before returning to give her student a once-over.

"You know, Karter." Her fingers maintained their quest to feel up the wall. "I think you're a great student."

"Thanks." Karter breathed out and rested against the side of the cave.

"I'm serious. Don't think I dislike you. I know you're not doing well in my class but..." She frowned. "You're trying, which is what matters."

"So you.. Don't hate me?"

"Hate you?" Varley blinked, turning her head to face him. "Karter why would I hate you?"

"You were snapping before and giving me the silent treatment, so..." He shrugged.

There was a brief pause, and the professor chuckled. "Honey, I don't hate you. Never have. I'm just hot.."

"Yeah.." Karter agreed under his breath. From his side angle of her, he had taken note of how her sizable breasts jiggled over the lowcut line of her tank top.

"Uncomfortable.. And tired of these ruins..." She let out a prolonged and exasperated sigh, one that had seemingly been building up within her for the past few hours. To demonstrate how exhausted she was, the woman leaned herself against the wall she had been patting down. "I'm just upset in general. I apologize if I had been taking it out on..." Her stance mirrored Karter's but quickly shifted when the wall clicked inwards from her body's weight and began to tremble.

Karter leaned up and took a defensive stance back from the now trembling wall. "Shit... Is this one gonna cave in on us too?"

While Karter was a bit fearful of the sound of accent gears shifting. Ms. Anderson took a forward step, her emerald eyes sparkled in amazement, and her mouth was open in awe.

The wall shifted downwards, creating a nosy sound of sturring rocks and crumbling gravel.

Karter had his eyes closed. He half expected bats or a few thousand-year-old sceletons to topple out and disintegrate onto the ground.

But when he opened his eyes, he was pleasantly surprised to see...

Light...

Not the ones from their torches. No, actual light. Natural made sunlight poured into an open and beamed directly down onto alter made of cracked marble sounded by a shallow water pool.

By the time Karter recovered to the rediscovery of light, he had realized Ms. Anderson was already halfway up the marble steps.

"Miss... Anderson!" Karter nearly shouted, but lowered his voice to a harsh hiss at the last second. He didn't know if these ruins were sound sensitive or not, and wasn't completely willing to discover the answer. "Be careful! It could be..."

"We found it..." Varley interrupted him with a whisper. Attop the alter stood a dilapidated stone podium. One a pastor could be seen standing behind at a church.

Ingrained in the podium was a green looking crystal, one that reflected off the sunlight beaming down onto it. It glittered in the light and bounced off Ms. Anderson's own green eyes.

"Just like the scrolls said..." She breathed. "It's..."


"A time crystal..."

"It's not a time crystal." Ms. Anderson scoffed for the umpteenth time at the inappropriate naming choice. After stopping for a quick ice creamy treat on Ms. Anderson's dime, the two had returned to the university and were showing the rest of the class the fruits of their labor.

Saint George's School of Historical Arts and Science was a proud university. Relatively large in size considering its specialty. Historical arts, and the inner workings of science from the past, the concept seems fairly nesh, but after some research, the potential futures which stem from the multiple degrees this school offers is more than worth the investment.

Everyone here is aware of that. Hence, each student is prompted to do their very damn best to secure their spot along with the other graduates.

That includes Karter.

He is trying. God knows he is. But as fate would have it, the class he put himself might be too much to handle.

Not that it is stressful. Far from it, the only stressful aspect is the amount of extra credit Karter puts himself through just to stay afloat. He's struggling, and only delaying the inevitable. If something doesn't happen to severely boost his scores, he won't be on the red carpet, walking up with the rest during graduation to be handed his degree.

All that he would receive is the inevitable truth that he had wasted four years of his life, to achieve not even a participation trophy for his efforts.

By the end of year one, he should've quit. It was clear by then that he wasn't cut out for this class. Perhaps if he had cut his losses before now, he could still have the strength in him to hind another source of education.

But instead, he sat it out. Literally. He sat through every one of Ms. Anderson's lectures, he watched attentively, even went through the recorded lectures multiple times to make sure he had an understanding. Yet none of his efforts lead to anything. He continued to fail test after test, despite how hard he was trying to succeed.

Fortunately, Ms. Anderson was lenient and made an effort to help him do well. She searched through the curriculum and scavenged up chances at extra credit after extra credit. Karter's copious attempts at trying to pass her class wasn't missed by the professor, but despite all his and her efforts to help him, he still sat comfortably below everyone else as the worst student in the class.

A point in time came where he felt the need to apologize to his professor for wasting her time. Another student could've taken his spot and perhaps done better.

But she was the main reason Karter stayed around. Not only because of how naturally attractive and young the teacher was (off memory he believes she's in her early thirties, perhaps thirty-two?), but she literally told him not to give up. She promised if he followed her teachings and studied the syllabus, he would succeed.

Well, he had done both of those things, and guess what? He's fucking failing. The woman was kind-hearted and wanted to give her students chances. But now Karter's starting to wish she hadn't kept him around. It's because of her that he has been here for as long as he had. Each time he had proposed dropping out, she'd tell him to keep trying and that things would turn around. Yet, they never do.

Her hope was his downfall.

She can't continue to offer him extra credit for assisting her with the excavations. Eventually, they're going to run out of funs or places to explore.

He just isn't smart enough for this fucking school!

Even now, the rest of his class sat attentively as Ms. Anderson stood at the head of the room, standing before a projected image, zooming in on the crystal they had discovered.

"As we read. The crystal is rumored to be a blessing from the ''King of Titans'' and ''god'' of time, Cronus. Given as a gift to the people of Ancient Greece through Ptolemy the 10th in eighty-eight B.C. As both a gift to celebrate a decade of his heritage's loyal rule, and to bless the foreseen coming of Alexander the 1st."

Ms. Anderson stood behind a stand which held her laptop. She shifted her mouse on screen for a few seconds before continuing to speak to the class. "So as it may look like a crystal." The projected image on the screen turned to a zoomed-in close-up, showing the green crystal's sparkling clarity. "It is more of an ancient artifact, theorized to be the jewel extracted from a necklace."

Karter raised his hand.

The professor's kneen eyes noticed him quite swiftly from his position up on the raised desk. "Yes Karter?"

"So, it's a jewel removed from a neckless?"

"It is rumored to be yes," Ms. Anderson paused with a nod. "I must stress that these are all rumors. The beauty of history is that it requires both creativity and science to come up with absolute answers, and even then, there is always more to discover."

"Okay but... It looks like a crystal."

"Well that is because it is."

"And it was a gift from the god of time?"

"That is according to you and your personal beliefs. As for me, I do think there are greater forces out there that we have yet to understand. But if there exists an actual ''god of time,'' until our science proves the point, I can't say for sure."

"So it's a time crystal."

"Okay. Thanks for your impute Karter." Ms. Anderson said flatly. "I guess it's a crystal associated with time as an intractable prospect, so it could be considered a time crystal."

There he goes. Class participation. That could help his grade. And really, that little discussion is the only way he could manage to participate in a way that isn't him drooling onto the desk while he tries to answer a question.

"Regardless of whether you believe in the origins I discussed. I must say, the discovery alone leads me to think that this green artifact..." The class's attention moved to the glossy stereo microscope that sat on her desk. The green crystal laid atop it gently centered in the middle with four metal prongs holding it in place. "Might be more real than anything we have brought in before."

"What do you mean?" Caroline, the freckle splattered blond girl to his right, spoke up. Her hair swayed through her ponytail as she tilted her head.

"Karter can attest to this. But the encounters we experienced through the ruins were scripted to the letter with the text we had studied." Ms. Anderson tapped something on her laptop and brought up an image of a few unraveled scrolls on screen. "If everything written in this text is true, as we have discovered. Why would the final definition of the time-based powers this crystal holds be false?" She breathed out a sigh and closed her laptop shut. "The way I see it. Everything so far was true, so this crystal has a high chance of being legitimate."

Jason raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"Is that going to be what we study for the next week?" The student's voice was full of hopeful curiosity.

"No no no.." Ms. Anderson chuckled at his liveliness.

The action had her large breasts bounce with a slight spring of joy. She was still wearing the tank top that clutched onto her large rack, but upon returning to class, she covered the midriff and cleavage showing tanktop with a lab coat that draped down her pristine figure. Still, the swell of her breasts showed their size my pressing a nice bulge through the chest area of her lab coat.

"If this crystal is legitimate. We need to be extremely cautious. So I will perform my own tests in private and let you all know of any positive results."

That prompted a multitude of negative murmurs and silent sighs from the crowd of seated students. Clearly, they were all interested in discovering the truth behind this crystal. Obviously, it would be more fun than reading and watching lectures.

But frankly, Karter couldn't give a shit. Regardless of what he does, he'd fail.

"Hey now, no need to curse me under your breath. You all have an easy assignment. There's no reading this week unless you haven't been attentive. All that's required of you is to write a one-page essay on any of the greek gods we have discussed in class over the past week. Check your syllabus for the fine details." Ms. Anderson looked at her watch. "Other than that. You are free to go!" She blinked and gave her students a warm smile. "Enjoy your weekend. And about the essay, I would suggest your god of choice be the aforementioned one associated with time. It would be a cakewalk for you all."

Sure.

Karter sighed.

A cake walk for anyone who isnt an idiot like him. Though, to be fair, a one-page essay about a guy that doesn't exist might be in the realm of possibility for him.

"Alright, see you guys Monday."

The dismissal prompted the gathering of students to begin packing up while chattering amongst themselves. Bags were slung across backs, and the sounds of chairs sliding up against desks were masked with the soft patter of feet.

A yawn escaped Karter's lips. He leaned back in his seat for a few moments, letting his gaze trail across the students who had grown close over the couple years they had spent together as classmates. It was nice, at least for them, that they could find companionship in others who share the same general aspirations and interests. Sometimes it's a struggle to come across like-minded and positive individuals, yet this entire class is full of students willing to help each other and build bonds.

It's good for them... Great actually.

But it shows how much of an outcast Karter is when paired up with everyone else. While everyone else appears to be on good terms with each other, Karter just... Exists.

Through the years, he has learned everyone's names, and everyone knows him quite well. And still, it feels like no one here recognizes him past a person that just exists.

Which is fair enough; it's not like he belongs here anyway.

After a few minutes with his head slumped upon his desk. Karter arched his head up and groaned. Typically after class, if he wasn't sitting in confusion while trying to piece together what Ms. Anderson had discussed during her lecture, Karter would sit and wait for everyone to file out.

He never left with them, because frankly, he didn't feel like he deserved to be in their general vicinity. They might cringe by his meer presence.

But today, six of them gathered together in a near circle, discussing something about a party or some shit. Might've been Abigale's birthday; she's a cute and sweet red-headed party girl, but Karter barley had an interaction with her that bordered past brief eye contact. So if it was her birthday, and there was a bash being planned, there's no chance he'd be invited.

Karter rose from his seat and gathered his belongings together. Usually, by now, the crowd would be gone. Now his hunched stance just looked depressing, and he wasn't' even wallowing in his own stupidity today. He was just fucking tired. Spending multiple hours in a cave could do that to a man.

Instead of pretending to be asleep at his desk, he could actually go to sleep in his bed.

Seems like an upgrade.

As he took hold of his bag and made his way past the group teens. Abigale's blue eyes landed on him. She was bouncing on her feet after a joke someone had left her lips curled up into a smile.

Derrick and Priscilla had noticed Abigale's shift in interest and turned their heads to follow her gaze.

That put Karter in an awkward situation. He wasn't used to his high-leveled classmates noticing his existence. Unless it was to chuckle at his apparent stupidity, of course.

Abigal's perfectly smoothed face tilted to the side and she opened her mouth, clearly poised to ask him a question.

But before she could get a word out, Karter spoke up with a dismissive wave. "See you guys Monday." He didn't want to be dragged into another situation where everyone would make him seem inferior by just being near them.

Two eyelids fluttered shut over Abigale's blue eyes as she watched him pass in silence. Derrick shrugged his broad shoulders and continued speaking. "So don't worry about the punch. Trust me I have a LOT."

"Well we're going to need more of a variety." Samantha pointed out. "I'll get stale."

"There's always water," Becka added while playing with a strand of her dark hair.

Abigale blinked. And turned back to her group of friends. "My sister works as a shift manager at McDonald's, she can hook us up with a ton of soda. But someone still should..."

Her voice trailed off since Karter tuned them out. Just like that, whatever interest Abigale had in him flickered out with the wind. Perhaps he could've waited to see what she was going to say to him, but he was too tired to give too much of a shit. It would've been something sarcastic, with that slight smile she had. Yeah, she was one of the nicest people in class, but even the kindest of souls would have trouble not laughing at his pathetic attempts to pass with a decent grade.

"Karter."

Hearing his name called. Karter's back stiffed just as he was about the leave the classroom.

Ms. Anderson had beckoned him over while she was jotting some notes onto a notepad. She was back behind her desk, close enough that her ample breasts pressed into the wood. Noticing how the fullness of her chest mashed into the hardwood tabletop was sending a great deal of life to his crotch, he hoped it wasn't noticeable through his genes. Having made it this far without making his sexual attraction towards his professor as a woman known (even while the two of them went through an entire expedition together where she wore tiny cargo pants and a tight tank top.) It would be embarrassing for him to get caught with an arousal-filled boner like this.

She looked up from her work right as he approached. "Thank you again for helping me with this discovery. I know I was a bit harsh at one point; I'm sorry about that."

"What?" Karter asked with genuine confusion. "No I should be thanking you for the chance at extra credit."

"Yes well you're welcome." Ms. Anderson flashed a genuine smile. It was a nice reminder on the woman's kind face that she was a person like him. And she genuinely wanted to help him succeed in her class. "When I have the time, I plan on adding it to your grade before anyone else. Expect to see it updated before nine; if not, feel free to give me a call to ask what's up."

"After what I was put through back their?" Karter chuckled with a hand, scratching the back of his head. "Definitely will, I want that grade."

"Not want carter." Ms. Anderson was quick to correct him with a sudden cold gaze. "You need it. Among others. So I need you to turn in that paper when it's due, and make it about what we just talked about today."

"I thought I could write it about any greek god?"

"You can. But I feel the creative liberty might serve to only confuse you. And you're at the point where every single score matters. Just write a simple paper about Cronus, you can look stuff up on Wikipedia. I'm willing to let it slide this once if you don't site that website as a reference."

Karter paused. He took in her words, and responded rather slowly. "I.. I got it, Ms. Anderson. I'm going to try my best on it."

For her part, Varley sighed. Her ample breasts presented their size by expanding against her lab coat. "You always try your best Karter... But I'm starting to worry that your best isn't..." She held her tongue and didn't finish the sentence, as if she realized that what she was going to say wouldn't be entirely appropriate. "Nevermind. Just do your best and turn it in Monday." She nodded. "Dismissed."

Karter responded with his own silent node and turned to leave. She was so close. She was seconds away from admitting the underlining truth. The obvious fact that he didn't belong in this class. She had nearly said, ''your best isn't enough.'' Because it was true.

He knew it.

His classmates knew it.

And now she knew it.

All the extra credit in the world couldn't keep him from drowning.

Once Varley admits the truth, it would finally be set in stone that there was no hope for him passing.

Karter sighed.

But he'd try. Sometimes that's all one can do.


Down the reasonably vacant halls, June's heels clicked across the glossy floor. It was a Sunday morning and most of the university's occupants were using the weekend as their chance to get away from it all. Of course, some had business to attend to inside the school's walls, but, for the most part, the place was generally empty.

That being said, June had a reason to be here; she took a course in digital arts and had to turn in her assignment. Something that she wanted to do sooner rather than later. The teacher who facilitated her class was on temporary leave, though it was just an elongated vacation through the Bahamas with her fiancé.

While she was out, she still monitored the class remotely. Accepting and handing out assignments through the upload station in her classroom.

Others may disagree, but for June, she loves the more laid back online classes. Her professor can enjoy her vacation, while June gets to enjoy the comfort of her bed.

Its a win-win.

And if it wasn't to upload her assignments or take a few shifts as a barista at the concession stand. She gets to spend most of her hours with herself. The way she likes it.

June pulled her flash drive out of the class computer and exited the empty room. No one else had finished their assignments so soon, they still had until Tuesday to get it done. So she didn't bump into anyone else on her way out.

There was one instance where she had forgotten an assignment and had to rush it out on the last day. But when she went to upload it, the deadline was nearly passed since everyone else was there trying to fight to send in their work.

That was an experience June swore to never put herself through again. Finishing things early left with much less hassle for everyone involved.

As she walked through the halls, she passed a usually closed-door that housed an empty room (especially on the weekends), but there was someone inside. That came to June's surprise, especially since the person inside was Ms. Anderson. Or as she asks people to call her, outside of class... Ms. Anderson.

Why would the professor be here on the weekend? It's a Saturday; typically, it's almost impossible to find the woman anywhere near campus on her days off.

It wouldn't be the strangest thing in the world, June could attest to that much, but still, it was odd that Ms. Anderson would go out of her way to spend the weekend in her classroom.

Regardless, June decided to pop her head in to say hello. With two nocks as a warning, June attempted to push open the door, but a nock prevented the nob of budging.

The sound of metal shifting caught Ms. Anderson's attention, and she blinked while looking up from her desk. Her eyes noticed June through the window on the door, and she instinctively spang up to unlock it.

"June!" Ms. Anderson greeted her while opening the door. "It's nice to see you. How are things?"

"Good. Good. I just wanted to say hi..." June flashed a smile while her gaze shifted past the professor. She was observing what was on the desk Ms. Anderson had been working on. Papers with random-looking scribbles lined the table's surface, a single plate elevated by a clear stand held a lime-green crystal. That was strange. What looked like miniature jumper cables connected the crystal to her computer. The crystal was glowing with faint green, and the wires appeared to transfer that green-gleaming energy into her laptop. "Whatchu working on?"

Ms. Anderson noticed June's straying gaze and made a soft frown. "Oh that? It's just a project." She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not making much headway, so there's nothing to note as of yet."

"Really?" June tapped her watch. The screen flickered a dull blue. She rested her arm against the door frame while angling her wrist so that the watch was facing the room's interior. "That rock it's glowing and... It looks like your computer might be siphoning something from it."

"Yes well..." Ms. Anderson's grip on the door handle tightened. "All I've managed to do is create a greenish light source." She slowly began to shift the door close. Hinting with the subtle change in her voice that she would like to return to her work. "But perhaps I'll make some more headway. We'll see. Anyway it was nice to see you."

"Yes, same here." June continued to lean against the doorframe with her wrist held in place until she had to take a step from to avoid the door closing in her face.

"I hope your classes are going well!" Ms. Anderson chimed.

Just before the door closed June tilted her head and flashed her teeth. "They are! I'll see you later."

"Mmhmm." With that said, the professor locked the door and turned back to her work.

June also did an about-face, but she tapped her watch and held it up to her lips. "Did you get all that?" She whispered.

There was a slight buzz in her ear before a distorted, but distinctly feminine voice responded. "Yes. I did. Thank you for the notice June. You enjoy your weekend, we will review the footage."

With a click to dismiss itself, the voice clicked off. June lowered her watch and breathed out a sigh. She flicked back her long black hair that flowed to her toned lower back and continued walking down the hall.

If there was any strange activity going on in Ms. Anderson's classroom, the Agency would be on it. And If it really was just an innocent experiment, nothing negative would come from her pointed awareness.

As an agent, she's trained to pick-up and report anything even remotely suspicious. It's what she does.


It was Saturday morning when Karter awoke. He had spent the majority of an hour lying in place before he gained the mental willpower to lug himself out of bed.

With breakfast in the form of a bowl of cereal, Karter slumped onto a chair in front of the small desk that took up a whole third of his cramped dorm. He flicked up his laptop and casually munched on Frosted Flakes while he waited for the machine to boot up.

Minutes later, he had signed into his student account and nearly choked on the cereal at what he saw.

His grades were low.

Fucking, fucking, low.

It was the first time he checked in a bit. He always knew he wasn't doing the best in the back of his mind, so the strength to look up his actual grade was never in him.

But seeing this... It was bad..

Karter had managed to hit below fifty. No amount of extra credit could save him now.

Graduation was just a school year away. The only chance he had at turning this around would be if he could secure near-perfect grades on the rest of his assignments.

And he could barely manage to pass them, let alone nail perfect scores.

Now suddenly, the lust that is morning hunger wasn't as prevalent anymore. Karter couldn't think about eating... Or anything for that matter. He just wanted to...

Get his mind off things.

Karter chose to take a nice breather outside. Perhaps go on a walk through the campus park. It might be one of the last times he could take in the cleansing air while sitting on a marble bench. Clearly he isn't smart enough for this school.

Right as he opened the dorm's front door and stepped out into the hall, he nearly bumped foreheads with June. She dainty dark-haired teen sidestepped right in time to avoid an unpleasant collision.

"Woah there!" She gasped, overexaggerating with a smile. "Watch where you lug that head of yours. It's practically a weapon."

June served to be his neighbor as of now. Meaning they crossed paths quite a bit, enough to be familiar with each other, and luckily, were on good terms. They weren't going for the same degree, and thus had no classes together. But still, she was someone he could consider a friend, or at the very least, an associate.

Just like everyone else here, June performed much better in her classes and probably thought he was such an idiot. But at least she had it in her to be friendly and spark conversations every so often.

"Sorry! Sorry..." Karter apologized profusely. "My minds all over the place, I'm not thinking straight."

June hummed and cocked her head to the side, "Hmm? Is something up? I have nothing much planned today if you wanna come in and chat." Her eyes twinkled with curiosity as she pointed a thumb behind her.

"No." Karter sighed. "No I already know what I need to do. I don't want to waste your time."

"Is it about your grades again? You need to stop worrying about that stuff. I'm pretty sure the reason you're failing is because you want to reach some sky-high pedestal." The frown on June's face looked like one of concerned disappointment more than anything else.

Well, no one could say she isn't one to worry about others. It looks like she has a genuine care of seeing him improve. Even though, by all accounts, she has no need to give a shit about him.

"Thanks." Karter offered a sheepish smile in response. "But no..." He scratched his arm. For a second, his eyes trailed over the smoothed toned legs she kept behind her tight jeans. Her thighs were nicely shaped and looked to be able to kick a man's lights out at a moment's notice. With a cough, he disguised his perverted gandering and continued speaking before she could catch on. "I'm just going to head out for a bit and think about shit."

There was a short delay before June replied. "Okay..." Her warm eyes lingered over him. "But if you want to talk I'm right next door." She turned, and Karter's eyes immediately wanted to look down to her shapely jean-covered cheeks. Luckily he didn't look down since she abruptly paused an immediately turned around. "Oh, but I just passed your classroom earlier and saw Ms. Anderson. If you want to talk to her about your work, she might still be there."

"What?" Karter blinked. "That's weird... Thanks for telling me, I might head over there."

"Yeah... She was working on something. It looked like a green crystal." June's voice slowed, and her eyes pointedly studied him. "You know anything about that?"

What's discovered in class stays in class. That's a sentence Ms. Anderson would have your quote to her grave. "No. I can't say I do." Karter lied.

"Huh..." June breathed. "Alright, well... Come over if you want to chat and stuff." She turned and gave him a backhanded wave. "I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah..." Gulped Karter towards her swaying posterior. After a few seconds of staring, he shook his head and muttered, "Get a damn grip." Then went in the opposite direction.

-

My Discord Server - https://discord.gg/QfgMsPJ

The Doggyverse - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R0pV_BMSGURUvuJhVrP29rI3mbduG1W6K4Bmyc-O39M/edit?usp=sharing

Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=19806536

Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)