More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mlod mlod

Does she investigate as Supergirl or Kara, ace (undercover) reporter?

Kara Danvers

'Now, what to wear?' She roots around in her wardrobe, throwing dresses, skirts and shoes about until she finds the little black dress she wore under the influence of red Kryptonite 'Perfect!'

After finding the right heels to match, she goes to her jewelry box and finds a silvery bracelet with some multi-colored stones stuck through it so it touches the skin on the inside as well as looks pretty on the outside.

'Ugh, I really don't want to wear this'


A few days earlier:

Kara fiddles with the bracelet, looking at it much the way she'd look at a kale salad if someone called it dinner, before handing it over "I really appreciate you doing this Zatanna, the whole point of appearing human goes out the window if anyone recognizes this or tries to steal it thinking it's valuable"

"No problem Kara, but isn't it a bit risky, taking your powers away and then heading into the lions den?"
She then holds the bracelet for a moment before saying "!elbacitonnu eB" and handing it back to Kara

"Well, after the latest alien invasion attempts and all the meta-humans starting to show up, a lot of the clubs acquired L-Corp power-detectors. And while they aren't as bad as the alien detectors Lena suggested a few years ago, they'll still give a good indication of a persons, or their possessions, relative power to a human."
She puts the bracelet in her jewelry box and closing it before continuing "The bracelet is made out of Nth-metal and has a mix of blue, light red, light green and light golden Kryptonite that takes away my powers with skin contact, but I'll get them back almost fully within a minute or so of removing it, and with your little cantrip neither pick pockets, bouncers or power sniffing machines will notice it."

"And what if say, you're captured and don't have your hands free to remove it, or you get caught in the crossfire at a strip-club and shot, and ignominious ending for Supergirl"

"Pfft, no one is going to catch on that I'm anything but a normal club patron, having a good time. Besides, the machine does however not care much about durability, so the bracelet is designed to only take away my strength and offensive powers. If you stabbed me, I would bleed, but you'd also break the knife before reaching more than skin deep, at least unless I wore the bracelet too long."

She opens the box again and takes out the bracelet "And as for being unable to remove it, it pops into 4 pieces if I touch either of these two places for more than three seconds" She points to two smooth areas between the stones "And if I can't reach that, there's a microphone in it and a tiny chip tuned to my voice, so if I say the magic word, it also pops apart. I've tested it and it works, it took an hour to put it back together again though, it's not the most reusable design, oh, and the magic word isn't actually magic, obviously"

"Obviously. Well, I guess you're all set, but just to be safe" Zatanna grabs the bracelet and says "!ylbmessassid fo em mrofnI"
"There, now I'll know if you ever do break apart your bracelet, and I'll know where it happens."

"Thank's Zatanna, that does help me feel safer"


'Hmm, where to go, there was no single place all the girls had been too, or even most, but there were two that stood out, a bar and dance club named Blaze's where 4 of the missing women had been shortly before going missing, and then there was The Gilded Cage. Only 2 of the missing women had been there their last day, but as it was a bondage themed sex club they already tied people up and hit them, so it'd not be a big leap to just not let them go again'

Kara knew that was a bit narrow minded, but well, the things she'd heard about that place had her... curious.

Which club does she go to

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)