More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ExpansionMaid ExpansionMaid

Who finds the package the next morning?

Josh

Still in front of his computer instead of sleeping, Josh heard the creaking sound of his home mailbox being quickly opened and closed.

Checking the clock at the bottom of his screen, and reading 2:21 AM, Josh winced. Probably some jocks from school trying to play some joke, he thought, remembering the guys at school laughing because he was a geek, still a virgin and his best friend, Kate, having friend-zoned him while he secretly wanted more. Better get whatever package they put in there before my parents find it. and sighing, the boy slowly left his bedroom. Everything was quiet, as he was supposed to sleep just like his whole family, so he tried not to make a sound to go to the main door, and then ran quickly to the mailbox, trying to see whatever was inside. But without light, it was kind of hard to distinguish anything, so Josh just took the package and quickly went back to his room to examine it.

Sitting in front of his computer, the boy slowly opened the package, trying not to make too much sound doing so, and revealing a simple black box, without anything written over it. "Whatever is inside, I hope it's not noisy. Guess if it was, the guys wouldn't have put it in a box to embarrass me right at the door and be able to watch me from somewhere else." he muttered, carefully opening the thing, until he saw what was inside : a simple black and silver dictaphone. And nothing else.

Josh being a bit geeky, he examined the thing, searching for some USB plug or something but didn't find anything. At all. Not even a battery compartment, which was kind of strange. Examining the discarded paper formerly enveloping the package, he read some strange stupid message on it, about this being a present for him, and his wishes coming true. Josh was confused for a few seconds, but a stupid thought hit him. "Wishes coming true, eh ?". He remembered a novel where a man found an old typewriter, and each time he typed something with it, whatever he wrote was coming true. A bit excited, Josh decided that he should test it. With something innocent, so if it was a joke, nobody would know. Pressing the record button, he said "The walls of my room are blue".

The boy almost dropped the device as there was a strange sparkling sound, and suddenly, his white walls went a bit darker, and then slowly turned blue. Josh needed a few minutes to be able to close his mouth and reboot his crashed mind. "What. The. Fuck."

Looking at the dictaphone, and then back at his bedroom walls, he noticed something else: the old picture of him and Kate as child playing in his bedroom were showing it... with blue walls. Had the past been changed ? Josh pinched himself, trying to be sure he wasn't dreaming, but damn, if he was, sure it was a nice dream. "Is this thing changing modifying reality itself ?" Checking some other pictures, he realized that all of them had changed. Yes, this thing wasn't just changing things : it was modifying the whole reality !

"Don't know if it will last, but at least, I should enjoy this while it does!" said Josh, laughing, as he realized that he could now do anything! He wondered about what he should do...

What will he do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)