More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TheNextGamer TheNextGamer

Who are you?

John Doe, 20 year old Male

I was startled awake when a janitor guy started shaking my shoulder.

“Sir, we’re about to close soon.” He politely told me, gesturing to the front door.

I was still a bit out of it, rubbing my eyes awake and yawning. Ugh, I feel like I got bags under my eyes.

“Yeah, sure. Sorry about that.” I mumbled, “Tiring day.”

“I bet.” He chuckled sympathetically. “Go on home and rest. Healthier to sleep in your own bed instead of the cold floor of a Walmart store."

“Right, thanks.” I yawned again, stretching my body.

Oh god, what the hell did I do to feel so exhausted?

Come to think of it… What was I doing again before I passed out? I'm in a store? What was I buying?

Where was I?

“Hey, uh…” I asked the janitor again, “Where am I again?”

“You fell asleep in the middle of the grocery aisle in Walmart.” He reminded me.

Right, right, it's all coming back to me now.

Okay, so apparently it's not. I'm still clueless to how I got here.

That's probably not a good sign.

“Sir, you seem really out of it.” the janitor commented, seeming slightly concerned about my mental state. “Do you need me to lead you to the exit, or do you have a number I can call?”

Nice of him to be concerned, but I'm sure I can man up and figure out what the hell is going on with me.

“I'm fine, I think.” I reassured him, before taking a single step forward.

The floor suddenly landed on my face.

That's weird, I could have sworn I was vertical a moment ago.

Oh fuck, I was severely exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open. My entire body was sore to the bone.

Fuck man, what the hell did I do today?

The janitor crouched down in a panic, shaking my shoulder, “Sir?! Are you okay?!”

“kay so maybe it wouldn't hurt to get a doctor or something…” I somehow mumbled out, despite being seconds away from passing out again.

Someone turned off the lights in the store at that exact moment, I think. Closing time right?

Or no, wait…

No I'm just passing out.

Fast, fast, fast, speeding through so fast, I felt myself horrified as I flew across the passage of space. I felt my heartbeat quicken every time a I nearly dodged by a planet or a star or a sun. I don't know where I am or what the hell is going on, all I know is that I'm naked and I'm in space and I'm probably going to die or something.

Then suddenly, I was flying through nothing. No more stars, no more planets, nothing. Everything was pitch black.

I still felt like I was flying five billion miles per hour.

Then I suddenly see a giant pale wall in the distance. It turned out to be an eyelid, as I saw it open to reveal a giant eyeball staring directly at me.

I screamed as I fell inside the giant eyeball and saw a mirror image of myself meeting me halfway in. He was speeding past, looking terrified at me, just the same as me.

We kept going in our opposite directions, inside the giant eyeball thing.

Stars came back to view, planets whizzed past and nearly took my head off. That's when I saw the earth.

That's when I realized I was about to crash land on earth and then probably die.

I screamed as I got closer.

I woke up with a gasp, breathing heavily like I just woke up from a nightmare.

I didn't even remember dreaming about anything. Don't know why I was so startled.

Where the hell was I?

“Easy, sir.”

I looked to my side to see a paramedic lady with her arms out to calm me.

Behind her was a police officer woman, who looked like she was talking to a woman in a janitor outfit. They were looking at me in surprise.

“Sir, please don't panic. I'm here to help you.” The paramedic placed a hand on my shoulder. “Do you know what happened to you?”

Uh…

I rubbed my head, trying to remember what just happened a second ago.

“Did I pass out?” I asked.

“Yes, you did. An employee called us to make sure you were okay. Do you feel okay? Do you want to be taken to a hospital to be examined?”

Hm…

Well, I don't feel exhausted and tired anymore. Compared to just a moment ago, I actually feel kind of refreshed.

“Honestly, I think I might be fine now-”

I suddenly puked my guts out before I could finish that sentence.

Everyone nearby me backed away startled, trying to avoid the mess I just made.

I smacked my lips, and then casually said, “On second thought, I'm probably due for a check up anyway.”

“Lie still and we can take you to the emergency hospital right away, sir.”

We're not in Kansas anymore.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)