More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by protoborg protoborg

Who are you?

Joe (18, Human, Male)

You awaken suddenly and realize that hole must have been bigger than you thought. Rolling onto your back, you stare up at the trees. Laying still for a moment to give your head a chance to stop spinning, you think about the last thing you remember before waking up wherever you are now. The last thing you remember is the ground disappearing out form under your feet. You had been walking along the river when you discovered the waterfall. It wasn't a very high waterfall; no more than 10 feet. You had the feeling that, despite its lack of height, you would find something interesting at the top. That was why you had been climbing up the rocks beside it. Halfway up, you saw a small hole in the dirt next to the rocks. You thought it might be a great way to avoid having to climb up the sharp rocks. You tried to use it as a foothold. The next thing you knew, you were falling through the hole.

Standing slowly as you hold your aching head, you begin to look around yourself. The forest you find yourself in does not look in the slightest bit familiar. You begin to walk in a random direction. Strangely enough, you do not hear any birds and there are no animal tracks anywhere. You still can't quite figure out how a hole in the side of a hill could lead to what is very clearly an above-ground forest. Putting that thought out of your head, you continue to walk aimlessly. You finally reach the first signs of anything living in this forest after what seems like hours. As you enter a clearing, you see a house. It's not especially memorable aside from the fact that it is the only sign of life you have seen in this entire forest. The house seems rather out of place here in this dark forest. The picket fence out front, the flower planters under the windows, the light airy colors of the paint. It all just screamed wrong to you.

The very discordant nature of the scene made you think twice about going into the house.

go in? keep walking?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)