More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by wicker wicker

Where is Amy in a rush to?

Job Interview

I had a job interview at the headquarters of a regional upscale department store. It was a job as a buyer for the women's clothing department. I was worried about the spectre, but what was I going to do, hole up in my house all day and run out of money and food?

I took the light rail downtown. Nothing odd happened. I checked my hair and makeup in the my compact several times as I was very nervous something embarrassing would happen, but surprisingly nothing did.

I arrived at the headquarters for Quincy's ten minutes early and made my way upstairs to the human resourced department. Nothing happened in the lobby or the elevator. I breathed a sigh of relief as I stepped off the elevator. I saw a receptionist seated at fancy marble-topped desk. I went to walk up to her when I tripped over something and went face first to the floor. I sat up and looked behind me. There was nothing to to trip on. "Oh no," I muttered. I got up and felt a smack on my ass as I was bent over. I straightened up and felt my cheeks burning.

"Are you OK?" asked the prim and proper young lady at the desk.

"Yes, thank you," I said. "I'm Amy Palmer. I have a 10 am appointment with Mr. Witherton."

The receptionist looked at a pad on her desk. "Oh yes, Miss Palmer. Have a seat please." She motioned to a row of chairs perpendicular to the wall where a couch was.

I walked over to take a seat. As I sat, the chair slid out from behind me, and I fell hard on my ass. "Oh not today!" I said.

"You OK?" the receptionist asked again.

"Yes, just these new heels," I said, hoping she would buy it.

The receptionist smiled politely and typed something on her computer.

I got up, grabbed the arms of the chair, held it firmly and sat down.

A few minutes later, the receptionist picked up a phone. "Yes, sir," she said. "Right away."

The receptionist looked up at me. "Mr. Witherton will see you now, Miss Palmer. Down the hall, second door on the right."

"Thank you very much," I said. I got up and walked down the hall. I went to knock on the door when suddenly there was a loud banging on the door.

"What's going on?!" asked a voice from inside the door. "Just come in!"

I could tell the voice was annoyed at the banging, but what could I do. I opened the door and tried to think of an explanation for the banging.

how does the interview go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)