More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by The Doctor The Doctor

Who are you?

Jenny

The amount of work you have to get through till tomorrow is staggering.

And yet, you still need to deal with basic chores first: change into some more appropriate clothing than your expensive office garb and take a quick shower, for example. You're tired. You're frustrated with your boss. It feels like he's purposefully overloading you with nigh-impossible assignments. You quickly strip and fold your clothing for tomorrow, and get into the bathroom.

Jesus Fucking Christ! Jake left the window open this morning and it's 35°F outside. Banging the window shut, you turn the heating to max and jump into the shower. Which is... freezing. Sweet Mother Mary. What the hell is going on?

Grabbing a towel, you rush to the kitchen and soon enough realize that the central control is plugged off. Why in Hell?

1- Jake noticed an issue, fixed it, but forgot to plug the system back as he was getting late for work. That's also why the window was open.

2- Jake bought a drone for his Youtube Influencer experiments. You're unsure it will ever take off, but you're willing to let him try as long as he keeps working hard in his job. Nonetheless, unplugging the central control for the water heating was dumb, lazy, and exasperating at the same time. How hard can it be to carry a damn box to the living room and plug the cord into the wall socket? It's bad enough that the appartment's electricity is so stupidly distributed. You're cold, frustrated and now quite angry.

Why was the central control plugged off?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)