More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Which parent do you want to follow?

Jason N.H. Wilton

Jason is a 31 year old divorce' with one son, brown hair, a goatee, and hazel eyes, he loves his son Claus G.U. Wilton fiercely and would do anything for him, which is why he has taken Claus here for his birthday. Now having left his son behind it is time to do his part to earn the boy the best birthday present ever, because being a single father and his ex-wife confined to a federal penitentiary for attempted he has no money to buy poor Claus a present this year.

Jason is escorted by 'Peggy' further into the labyrinthine upper floor of 'The Toy Shop' and down a corridor made up entirely of mirrored panels. At the end of which are two massive smoked glass doors marked "Exam Room C"

Inside is what looks like a fully equipped hospital diagnostic bay, including a CAT scan machine and MRI, plus a few more Jason cant put name to. "What's all this for?" He asks 'Peggy', confused by the high end hardware.

"This will be the first product you will test, or rather that we will use your body to test." 'Peggy' explains, then after a second elaborates. "They have been used on each of the previous participants and we have had no problems or difficulties, provided they followed directions and divested themselves of all clothing, electronics, and metallic objects." 'Peggy' states in her somehow TOO feminine voice.

"What if I had metal on my person that couldn't be removed?" Jason asks, striping out of shoes and shirt and other attire.

"Oh, how so?" 'Peggy' asks.

"When I was 12 I was in a bicycle accident and had a green-stick fracture of my right arm, to put the bone back together they had to install a metal plate and some screws." Jason explains.

"Perfect!" 'Peggy' says a bit too enthusiastically for the situation.

"Huh?"

"One feature we have not been able to test on this equipment is the selective area scan parameters, which allow the MRI and CAT machines to do normal scans even on people with the same problem you have: don't worry, all the simulations have gone perfectly, but you will be the first live human being who it has been tested on: your name will go down in the record books!" Her constant smile flickers and falls for a second. "As a footnote, but still." She says quietly.

Never one to back down from a challenge Jason climbs in the MRI and says: "Fire it up."

About 30 minutes of intensive full body scans follow, while watching Claus on overhead monitors, at the end of which 'Peggy' smiles and hands Mr Wilton his clothes and the i-Watch, but not his normal watch or shoes. "Those will be put in a little tray and sent out to the exit room, you can pick them up when you are done." She explains and hands Jason a clip board. "You also should fill out this form sir."

"What's it for?" Jason asks, suspicious.

"Permission to share the information from the scans with your doctor sir." 'Peggy' explains.

Reading it over and seeing no harm Mr Wilton does so, and then they move on to the next product testing area.

Which product will Jason be testing?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)