More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Drexelhand Drexelhand

When does the legend start?

January 11th 1985, when Steppenwolf descended

He was powerful. Handsome. His muscles rippled through his suit. He was Steppenwolf and to Diana of Amazonia, better known to the rest of the Earth as Wonder Woman, he was everything that an Amazonian woman had dreamed of. Five years prior, she had given up her powers and chosen to live out the rest of her life as Diana Prince with her husband, Steve Trevor. She had done so because her mother, Hippolyta, had recalled her to Amazonia and she had refused. In return, she was made human down to a physiological level.

"You are Diana Prince, correct?" he asked, with sunglasses on. Diana stood alone over the grave of Steve Trevor. He had been killed by the Cheetah and here she stood, powerless to stop him. A widow with nothing.

"Yes," she said, taken aback by the powerful posture of the man.

"My name is Steppenwolf," he introduced, extending his hand. She didn't shake it. Steppenwolf was a name legendary among her people. He had been a former lover of her mother and when he was done, he betrayed the Amazons to Hercules while taking four of their daughters to the dark planet of Apokolips.

"I know who you are," she told him. He was the uncle of Darkseid, the Dark God, a warrior and far too powerful for her even when she had her powers.

"Smart," he said. "I remember when you were young. Do you remember me?"

"No," she said. She had been just a babe in the time when he was Hippolyta's paramour.

"When I learned of your mother's affair with Jupiter, I was incensed," said Steppenwolf. "She had promised herself to me and instead, she had borne you for him. You were meant to be my daughter."

"Have you come to kill me for the transgressions of my mother?" she asked.

"No," he said. "To your mother, you died the moment you chose Steve Trevor over Amazonia. You may live to eighty, or to a hundred - but you will die a mortal in a span of time that is the blink of an eye to Hippolyta."

"Why have you come then?" asked Diana. "To gloat to me over the body of my dead husband?"

"To make you an offer," said Steppenwolf and he glared into Diana's eyes, his own dark and powerful visage making her shiver. "I can give you your powers back if you capture this Priscilla Rich, this Cheetah for me. She, along with a few other targets, are required by my lord Darkseid."

"Who are these other targets?" asked Diana. "Because if there are any innocents you have chosen to capture then I will rather die a mortal than be your servant."

"One is Giganta, your famed enemy," said Steppenwolf. "The other is Grail, an Amazonian like you who fled Amazonia. The final target is Osira, the last of the Old Gods still on Earth."

Does Diana agree to Steppenwolf's proposal?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)