More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

But then, who are you?

James Davis

You stare blankly at the ceiling, and though your complexion is blank, your mind is racing. The past school year, your past life with the female gender all now comes to the pinnacle moment so far- who to ask.

You know one thing for certain- you are not showing up without a date. You may well be , but if there's one thing you're not, it's a lonely loser. Despite being all of 5'8" with a less-than-athletic physique, you know you can smooth talk your way around asking a girl to the prom. Yes, you're not a sports star. Yes, you're not exactly standing out in the crowd. But no, you're not hopeless. You have a brain, a sharp wit, and an extensive vocabulary. If nothing else, you can pass under the geek card any day of the week, and perhaps pick up a stunner that fell through the initial cracks.

The year races by in your mind- the first day of school, where your best friend for ages, Mary, had guided you through the most boring day of your life- syllabuses, supply lists, and rules galore, but still she managed to keep a smirk on your face for most the day, though not all was attributed to her sense of humor. She was, to put plainly, a plain Jane, however, you've become used to the fact over the past few years that movie star looking girls do not just fall into every guy's lap. She had hair that reached just past her shoulders that was curly and red. Her figure was nothing to write home about, but her sense of style managed to accentuate all the parts on her that needed the little extra help. Her eyes sparkled all hours of the day, and her smile was second to none. Her personality was amiable and affable, adventurous and allocentric. She was, in short, your best friend, but your inner dilemma was whether or not to breech the code of friendship and take it a step further.

Another face pops into the question around Halloween- a tall, athletic, slender girl so dubbed Olivia. You met her passingly in Phys Ed a few years back, but met again and remembered her for the first time while going around the neighborhood with your little sister. You two accidentally bumped into each other as she retreated from a door and you paraded to it, and after overcoming the inertia of awkwardness, progressed to see the usual signs of love- she lived nearby, had similar interests, and most of all, fit you ideal as a hot woman. Though she was under-developed in many areas of her body, her face had a striking resemblance to a strawberry blonde version of Olivia Wilde. She ran track for the school, and was toned well, not to mention had a laugh that could crack through even the hardest of hearts. You kept in touch with her over the year just to have a chance at a moment like this- but do you have the guts to play out on your crush?

Your mind eventually reaches a decision- to have indecision for a brief moment. You realize you only really have a shot with one of these two girls, and everyone else in the school is either A, a stranger, B, has a date, or C, All of the Above.

So your decision now belies you: Mary or Olivia?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)