More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by 24ward 24ward

Does she greet her new neighbors?

It's forbidden!

Cassie didn't have a chance to respond before her father roared his disapproval. "Sharon, if you think I'm going to let you set foot on their property, you are sorely mistaken," he said, face red. "And that goes double for bringing Cassie over there." Then he turned to his precious daughter. "Sweetie, I don't want to see you associating with negroes... They can't be trusted around a little blonde girl like you!"

Cassie's eyes widened, but she nodded instead of protesting. 'Hey, I can associate with negroes if I want to!' was what she wanted to say. "Yes, daddy," was what she did say. But the rude warning did little but arouse a curiousity about the new neighbors...

"Good girl," he sighed, then added, "Did you remember to bring in the garbage cans from this morning?" Her silence was his answer. "Well, you better go get them, I don't want them outside when guests arrive."

Cassie dutifully went to the front door before she remembered that she was already wearing her pink party dress. She paused in the doorway, but knew there would be no reprieve: it was her chore, so it was her responsibility. She stepped out into the early evening chill and walked sullenly down to the road, eyeing the cans spitefully and imagining her birthday dress ruined by some unsightly streak or stain. She thought she was about to cry as she reached for the bin...

"You ain't touchin' it!" came a voice with a southern accent, startling Cassie. She recoiled a step, glancing up as a thin and handsome young black man jogged over from next door. "You gonna make a terrible mess of that pretty dress! Let me help you!"

Cassie stared at the chivalrous young black, uncertain what to say or how to respond. She had never met a black before, but her first impression was that he was a gentleman! "Thank you," she said shyly, first stepping aside and then trailing behind him as he carried both cans up the driveway and to the garage. She guided him into the dark garage and indicated where to leave them.

"Thank you..." she said again, nervous to be alone with such a handsome young man.

"That's a pretty dress," he observed. "Going to a party?"

"Hosting one," she smiled. "It's my birthday."

He asked her age and smiled when she told him. "What's your name?"

"Casandra Emily White," she answered quickly before allowing herself a nervous giggle. "You can call me Cassie."

"A pretty name for a pretty girl," he whispered. "I'm Rodney, you can call me Rod." She nodded as he moved close to her. "You're quite young, but you have the body of a woman."

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)