More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jordan42377 Jordan42377

What's next?

Introduction continued

2317 Despite the end of the last World War the planet Earth is depleted of resources. The environment will need hundreds of years to recover. The various nations of Earth complete ships for mining the systems asteroid belt for materials. Construction of colony and transport ships begins in earnest. Nations begin searching frantically for Goldilock planets within range. Agreements are reached between allied nations to share data and any promising planets for colonization.

2331 The first Goldilocks planet is discovered by Japan. Within the year a Japanese colony ship is completed and begins the journey. Shortly after, a small convoy of Asian nation ships set off as well. Australia discovers the second goldilocks planet and sends off it's first colony ship. American, British, Swiss, Isreali and United African ships set course in tandem. Environmental reports estimate less than 100 years before Earth becomes uninhabitable. American scientists announce the discovery of subspace communication. German scientists quickly make improvements. The following year agreements between nations brings about the inclusion of subspace communications equipment by all colonies. A joint nation effort builds three ships for the express purpose of seeding subspace relays allowing communication between all planets settled.

2337 Government leaders of Earth relocate to Mars colonies and terraforming begins in earnest. Research centers relocate months later. Mars overall population grows to over 500 million. Earth's moon becomes a repository of Earth species DNA. Museums, libraries, and art galleries begin sending everything to the moon for storage as Earth's atmosphere steadily becomes toxic and corrosive. Population of Earth's moon exceeds 150k mostly made up of staff working in the museums and libraries. Earth's population estimated at just under 500k. Epsilon 4 discovered by Hubble 6 telescope. Survey probes sent to evaluate suitability.

2349 Survey probe data disrupted before fully survey completed.

2389 Earth officially evacuated due to environmental collapse. Last 498,763 humans board E.C.S. Phoenix bound for Epsilon 4. Captain Hal Branson oversees passengers. Captain Branson's family of 7 assigned to the Phoenix crew in various positions.

Which Character are you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)