More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GothicSuccubus GothicSuccubus

What's next?

Introduction 2

She headed for a place called the Hydra's Flask. A seedy tavern near the city walls, known to be a meeting spot for bandits, rogues and cutthroats. Where travelers come and people of ill repute would be easily found. If anyone in the city knew the location of a mage who used the dark arts, it was the criminals within.

She cast open the door with a smile, the daylight behind her streaming into the poorly lit bar. All eyes immediately turned to her as she entered in her long, revealing robe... cut low in the chest and slit up the leg to leave only the barest parts of her covered. The area had few women save the homeless and the occasional prostitute, and the sight of her brought many a wide-eyed stare from the drunks and sinister folk in the small wooden building. The place smelled of cheap ale and smoke, but she was hardly here for the decor. She looked about at the patrons, sizing them up... her eyes picking out who here might be able to give her the information she needed if properly "persuaded". Three men seemed promising.

The first, a sinister man in dark leathers with a cloth patch over one eye. He carried a long knife at his hip, and gave a slight grin at her as she stepped into the bar. Probably a thief or brigand, she reasoned... Just maybe, he was well-connected enough to know what she needed.

The second was a man of elven decent... though with human-blood as well, she was certain. He was fair haired and fine featured, in simple cloth garments and a weather-worn traveling cloak. He did not seem armed OR dangerous, and the fact that he seemed so comfortable that way in a place like this was reason enough to assume there was something more to him than met the eye. He might even be a magus himself.

The third was the barkeeper himself, a large and brutish man with dark skin and a jagged scar across his chin. He likely heard every rumor that passed through this place, she was almost certain he would know what she needed. The trouble would be convincing him to talk. In his line of work, keeping secrets was all that kept a man alive.

Giving a seductive smile, she headed towards her target...

Who is her target?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)