More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CrocodileHAZARD CrocodileHAZARD

"Now tell me. Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?"

I am a GIRL

You find the PROFESSOR's question odd. Surely it wasn't difficult to see that you were a girl...right?

Regardless, you answer the question. OAK gives an approving nod as he writes something down on his clipboard. You wonder where it came from, since it it doesn't look like he tucked it away in his coat. But all things considered, that mystery is a fairly minor one importance-wise.

Once he finishes writing, OAK once again addresses you.

"Let’s begin with your name. What is it?" he asks

You give the man your name, spelling it out one letter at a time just to make sure there's no possible way for him to confuse it with something else (considering his troubles identifying your gender, you're not betting against him getting your name wrong too while he's at it.)

"Right…

"So your name is RED."

Once again, he takes to writing down something on the clipboard. While you wait for the PROFESSOR to finish, you see another shape begin to form between you and OAK.

The figure is of a young man about the same age as yourself. He has spiky brown hair and a smug 'I'm better than you,' look on his face. Overall, there's some physical resemblance to the PROFESSOR. A grandchild or a nephew? He wears a purple, long sleeve shirt with a thin necklace around his neck and a multicolored badge pinned on the shirt near the bottom. He also wears long, dark pants and brown boots.

PROFESSOR OAK finishes writing and looks up between you. If he was in anyway surprised by the sudden arrival of another person from the void around you, he had an excellent poker face and gave nothing away. As a matter of fact, he resumed talking as if the boy had always been here. Although the fact that the boy didn't move at all made the entire situation a little eerie.

"This is my grandson. He’s been your rival since you both were babies. At least, I think my grandchild was a boy..."

Somehow, you're not surprised that he would forget the gender of his grandchild... Oddly enough, you know the answer to his next question.

"…Erm, was it my grandson or granddaughter?"

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)