More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by luna-tick luna-tick

As you come to, you dazedly take stock of yourself. Who are you, again?

I'm a senior, of course, and a woman.

You shake your head, and grimace as your hair swings in front of your eyes, leaving bright trails in your vision. You blink a few times, and wait for the confusion to clear.

Slowly, gradually, the noise fading in around you becomes understandable again. What had been piercing sirens resolves into screams, shouting, a few car alarms drilling into your sku-

Screams?

Placing your hands unsteadily on the ground, you heave yourself upright. Almost immediately you regret it, the world spinning around you, but you lean against the storefront beside you to gain your bearings.

You know where you are; this is only a couple of streets from college, but while normally you'd be able to see some of the taller campus buildings over the top of the roofs above you, now your sight is blocked by the dust cloud kicked up around you. You ****, noticing the coarseness of the air for the first time, and the time you take coughing allows the cloud to disperse enough that you can risk walking down the street to find some help.

In the grey air, with you all turned around, and still no idea what's happening, you can't really tell which way it would be best to go. You think for a minute, mind still dulled, but in the end you only come up with one thought; whichever way you go, anywhere's got to be better for you than in with all this dust.

So, gingerly putting one foot in front of you - you walk.

Further down the street.....

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)