More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Giggles Giggles

How Does Dr. Roberts help?

Hypnosis

"Let me put you under?" Dr. Roberts said, making direct eye contact with Ollie.

"What? No way." Ollie pushed away from Dr. Roberts.

"You wouldn't have to worry," Dr. Roberts said resolutely, "With hypnosis, someone won't do anything they wouldn't want to do. For example, if you were in a hypnotic state and I told you to 100 people, you wouldn't do it because you aren't a serial killer." Dr. Roberts smiled, "Well, I certainly hope you aren't a serial killer, or my life insurance premiums would go through the roof." Ollie laughed.

"So like what can you tell someone in a hypnotic state?"

"Well, mostly suggestions for course of action, like with your smoking addiction, I could suggest to you that the taste of the cigarette in your mouth makes you nauseous, or that whenever you feel like smoking a cigarette, you instead feel like sucking on a lollipop."

"No, that's impossible," Ollie said in shock.

"If it was impossible, do you really think I would still be in business? I would've shut my doors if I couldn't produce results." Roberts said. Ollie looked around the office. It was lined with shelves of books, degrees framed on the walls. It was a very tasteful office, decorated with precision.

"Alright. You can do it?" Ollie gave his answer.

"Do what?" Dr. Roberts toyed.

"You can put me under and help me get rid of my smoking addiction."

"Wonderful." Dr. Roberts got up and walked over to the bookcase. He began opening a wooden box on the bookcase, inserting a long metal key into the ornate lock.

"So, how exactly does this work. Is there a pocket watch that I watch or something?"

"Well, the conduit for the hypnosis isn't exactly as important as the process itself, however, I am quite particular to my own." With a click, the box opened and Dr. Roberts procured an object from its contents.

"Is that it? What is it?"

"Why don't you take a closer look?" Dr. Roberts held out a medallion that was on a long chain. As Ollie looked at the medallion, the more intrigued he became in its ornate design. Ollie couldn't look away, but nor did he want to, the medallion was so nice to look at. Dr. Roberts began swinging the medallion and Ollie followed it with his eyes. "You'll find the more you look at it Ollie, the more relaxed you become. In fact, your body must feel incredibly heavy right now." Ollie's shoulders slouched, his arms lay flat on the couch.

"I do feel relaxed," Ollie murmured,

"Good, now as I count down from 10 you will feel exponentially more relaxed. When I reach 0 you will be in a hypnotic state. Ten...Nine...eight..." Ollie's arms were motionless, the only thing moving was his eyes, following the medallion. "seven...six... you feel 10x as relaxed as you just were. You love the relaxation...five...four...three You couldn't move even if you wanted...two...one Your body feels like it's made of lead, so heavy...zero." Ollie collapsed, his body flopping back in the armchair. His bulky frame was powerless. Dr. Roberts put the medallion in his pocket, as he no longer had use for it, and sat back in his chair. He knew that Ollie was most susceptible at this moment and if he wanted results he had two courses of action.

What's Dr. Robert's Strategy?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)