More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by whizzper whizzper

The Town Highlights.

Hope History

Hope was founded in 1864 after the Militia fort was burned down by a detched Confederate Army company thinking the fort was Union rather than the Militia fort it was. The location of the fort is lost to time.

The town was hit hard during the Great Depression, dwindling from a population of 1000 to about 98 between 1927 and 1947, as people out of work moved to cities like Chicago and Indianapolis.

In the 1970's and after people started coming back, with the advent of telecommuting in early '90's Hope experienced something of a population boom. This boom made a regional airport economically viable, and a Regional Medical Center a necessity.

Major economic movers (as of 2018) are JP Morgan Chase after Colin Jones moved back to town and got promoted. They've since used the Lakehouse as a summer vacation spot fixing it up and investing in the Airport and RMC. Ford Motor Company has started a study as to whether a Plant could be set up fabricating parts.

Socially Hope is small town conservative, at least to visitors. They 'let their hair down' amongst themselves.

Politically Hope right leaning, more towards libertarian. The Elementary Schools still require the Pledge of Allegiance to be stood for. Same as their Football and Baseball games. They vehemently hate the idea of a Welfare State as it gives way too much power to the Government, though they support Unemployment Benefits and certain Medical help.

Demographically the town is mostly caucasian (78%). 10% is black/African American including the Town Sheriff who won election by a landslide. 5% is Hispanic, with the last 7% a mixture of Asian, Polynesian and Indian, and "other".

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)