More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by MarcusD MarcusD

Is the voyage uneventful?

Home in Saint Louis

Over the next week Molly grew into her new position. She found the Ingram children well mannered and bright. Although they clearly missed their dear nanny, they quickly warmed to the cheerful, young Irish girl who read to them and helped them find adventures all over the ship. The journey ended all-to-quickly.

In New York the family stayed at the home of one of Mr. Ingram's business associates, Ronald Cutler. For a week Molly joined Mrs. Ingram, Mrs. Cutler, their children, and the Cutler nanny as they explored the sights of the new city. Molly was growing to lovve the children and her new life more each day.

A two-day, first class train ride to Saint Louis brought the Ingram family to their new home. Mr. Ingram quickly settled into his daily routine of managing his company's business, Mrs. Ingram hired servants and made the large, stately house Mr. Ingram's agent had purchased a home, and Molly established a routine of play and study with the children. Mr. Ingram hired a tutor to provide lessons to the children each day; Molly sat in on the lessons, learning herself, and then drilled the children each night after dinner.

In his spare time, Mr. Ingram spent a great deal of time in the large basement of the house. There was a separate section of the basement that was walled off and restricted by a thick wooden door. No one other than Mr. Ingram was permitted to enter the special section that the children quickly dubbed "The Dungeon".

One Sunday after church Mrs. Ingram took the children in a hired carriage on a trip to the park-like riverfront. Mr. Ingram had insisted that Molly remain behind. He reasoned that the children needed some special time with their Mother and the the nanny deserved a day off. The cook and maid, who had also been given the day off, had left the house on their own pursuits.

Shortly after Mrs. Ingram left with the children, Mr. Ingram found Molly reading on the front porch. "I need your assistance. Follow me!" He hurried back into the house. Molly, not sensing anything amiss, followed her employer down the back stairs and into the basement. He led her straight to "The Dungeon".

As Molly entered the secret room, she gasped.

What does Molly see in the Dungeon?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)