More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Darkhunter100 Darkhunter100

What happens next?

His friends wake him up

Alex is shaken awake by his friend Levi. Quite violently might I add. “what happened to you dude!” Levi shouts at him still lying in the field.

“Hu what?” Alex has a reply still quite groggy and now the light seems so bright in his eyes. He Had never really been this way, with his insomnia and all he really didn’t have a problem transitioning from dark to light or vice versa.

“what are you doing out here? Did you just fall asleep well walking?! You were facedown in the dirt I thought had died!?! The only reason I was able to find you was your goddamn ringtone that you refuse to ever turn down!” At this point Levi starting to cry a bit. Alex knowing his Friends deep connection to him attempts to comfort him still being kind of groggy.

“don’t worry me and the dirt we’re just having a conversation and I came to watch the sunrise before I went to bed but I guess I fell asleep talking to the dirt.” He says very sarcastically cracking a warm smile, which seems to calm down his friend at least a little bit.

“don’t scare me like that. If do you really want to see the sunrise you could’ve woken me up and we could’ve watched it together. It wouldn’t of bothered me at all.” Levi says picking his friend up Bring him to his feet.

Alex understood Full well what his friend had been so suddenly upset. At one point he had a little brother but because his parents did not go well together it left his siblings unattended so one day when Levi was at a friends house he was supposed to go home but his friends mom told him that he should stick around for a sleepover he enjoyed sleepovers but didn’t know why. Sadly later on he found out that his brother had died and his parents were getting a divorce shortly after... needless to say he had a rough Childhood and intern Alex thought he looked sad and could use a friend, so now at this point they’re basically best friends.

Alex leans into Levi as he helps him walk back to their camp still having him regain his balance and cracking a few more jokes along the way back to camp desperately trying to cheer up his friend who is almost scared to near .

They arrive at camp and Levi said Alex sitting on a bench as the other campers gather around.

The oldest one in the bunch steps out and asks in a clearly upset Tone. “ what the hell were you thinking when you walked off without a buddy? Not to mention in the dead of night!” She stands there arms crossed clearly waiting for an answer.

She was a skinny blonde girl Who is slightly taller than most of the boys and acted like it made her better than. The words Alex would definitely use to describe her would be slim, authoritative and angry. Though he would not to call her controlling she just feels responsible being the oldest and gets upset because she cares.

“Ummmm I couldn’t get to sleep so I went to watch the sunrise and tell asleep before I had the chance to watch It.” Alex says and reply many eyes watching him now.

He hears a whisper in the back of his mind.

“her shadow is small one, but yet she is not underdeveloped. She would be easy prey for you, not to mention us. I believe she’s a good first choice.” The voice sounds like the whispering wind as if I could speak with a deep low voice of a demon.

Alex could feel it again power rushing through his veins and so again he doses off but this time falling sideways onto the bench rather than forward on to the ground.

“sorry to forcefully bring you here but before I leave you tonight you must at least know how to feed assuming you wish to keep your powers.” The voice speaks again but this time not a whisper but a full voice as if it was in front of him. In front of him? Where was he even?? Floating in some kind of endless void like riding a stream yet he was floating on air without a feeling on his skin only the vibrations of this voice vibrating throughout his entire being.

“I don’t want to kill anybody.” Alex says in reply a little frightened of what the creature would have him do.

“No No my boy, something much more fun. And if you ever find a shadow that disagrees... Butcher them for they are a disgrace to our kind. Now it’s best you know how to gather more power for yourself, we come from a place of pure Bliss but once we leave it we can never return to it and us we must siphon off the others who still lurk in their homes. Find the girl when she dreams and devour the energy that comes from it, however you do not need her to remain sleeping to devour the energy only a physical touch and then remain within a certain radius oh and if you get gutsy you may drain as many people as you’d like bonus points if you can harvest more at once than my all-time record. Because you are my precious little harbinger I will give you a little gift that not even many of us shadows know, when they are under the process of draining their energy you will have complete control of them assuming their shadow does not fight back and should the shadow fight and lose I will teach you how to subjugated so it Will freely give energy and the persons will.”

“well that’s a lot to take in.” Alex speaks out into the void

“yes I’m sure but you seem clever more so than the average, mortal so you should have an easy time learning the ropes. So do as I have said and all will go smoothly it is time for me to be off.” And with that the darkness dissipates and Alex find himself in his tent with Levi waiting beside him to wake up.

He sits up “how long was I out for?”

“you missed an entire Day and Delilah just assumed you were sleep deprived and made sure that I watched over you.” Levi says with a surprising smile that his friend finally got some sleep.

“Ummm so which tent is hers? I should ummm go tell her about my fall condition so she knows.” Alex says Reading to go out and do whatever this siphoning is.

Who’s tent will go into?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)