More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Yabusa Yabusa

Which company ends up with the only Phase Binder in existence?

Hideki Labs

Before any illegal activities might occur, Hideki Corp intervened with legal action, forcing an immediate stop to any activities with the Phase Binder as it went into storage. They believed they had a strong case that Yabusa was using proprietary chemical compounds similar to Hideki's patented biopolymers. It's rumored one of the three ladies who had been demoing the robotics gear tipped off a Hideki scientist about the contents of the machine.

After months of back and forth in the courtroom as well as banter on the cable news channels between lawyers, the expert for Hideki's team on biopolymers, Dr. Chloe Walker, was able to provide damning evidence showing chemical compounds that were not naturally occurring and were so complex that nobody on the planet would have any similar substance in such a short development time. Although, the news anchors seemed to enjoy sharing the joke that Emilia King, billionaire collector of the eccentric, probably had a room full of that stuff in one of her mansion's many rooms.

As a result of the ruling in Hideki Corp's favor, Yabusa was ordered to surrender the Phase Binder device and related materials, after unbinding all participants from robotics components. Mr. Grisham was to resign shortly afterwards.

While Hideki Labs were not unfamiliar with the properties of the gel contained within the Phase Binder to make it operate, the tech was the most sophisticated delivery method the scientists had yet seen for how to combine and overlay full bodies with other components, at an incredible precision.

And they had ideas for it... Labs on Floor 6 had been developing unusual creatures for quite some time, using seemingly otherworldly biology in various advancements in creating new forms of life. However, the scientists soon realized there were significant challenges in controlling some of these mutated beings! Slimes and bodysuits and insectoids and other truly alien looking beasts all had varying levels of cooperation capability. If only they could control the being through some other volunteers in order to better study them and their new biological properties, even making full human-creature hybrids!

Well, they could usually control the creatures, at least. Some of the more failed experiments left the volunteers a little more monstrous than they had bargained for... And that's if they could even maintain control over their fused form! It certainly wasn't a guarantee.

That said, a list of experiments might come in handy to better know what you might be getting yourself into, should you be bound to any of these beings, either partly or completely...

What monstrous beings might a person bind to?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)