More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by mnemonygon mnemonygon

Onto the (short) character creator!

Hey you, you're finally awake

Things work a little differently here, so bear with me. I'll keep it short. This is one of the gamiest games on the site, so please, if you haven't done so already, press START GAME. It's totally against the nature of the story to charge through it otherwise (though I won't judge you if you try). Chapters are long and titles are weird, so I don’t recommend trying to flip through the story map either (sorry, I love doing it too).

Basically, this is a new attempt to make CHYOA’s game features shine as much as possible. The key is that you have to balance between indignity and punishment or your character will be broken down. Pretend that the main character is your character in a video game or D&D. Lead her down whatever path you want to, but stray too far toward either public humiliation (notoriety) or punishment (demoralization) and you'll see your (and her) sense of control diminish. Also, some information will be hidden from you. That's the whole idea of a game, right? You have to work with what you have.


I’m doing a soft launch of this story. I want to get some feedback and see how everything feels before I publish more, but rest assured that I have quite a bit more written. Note that chapters may undergo partial rewrite.


Alright, now that that's out of the way I have just two questions for you. First you pick your background. This determines where your notoriety and demoralization scores start. They're listed from easiest on top to hardest on bottom. Please note that picking an easiest route probably means you won't get to see the darkest scenarios, and vice-versa for the hardest routes.

What is your background?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)