More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Middaywisher Middaywisher

What happens next?

Her stuff gets stolen

Taking advantage that newfound courage while it lasted, Marinette threw all caution to the wind, just wanting to be done with it already. With great haste, she stripped out of her clothes, dropping article after article of clothing on top of her duffle bag until finally she was standing there in the middle of the tent naked. She was breathing a tad heavily from the sudden exertion, a little band of sweat formed on her forehead.

Despite her best efforts, she couldn’t help her mind from drifting off, thinking about how if a sudden strong tempest came by and blew away the tent, she would be left standing naked on the beach. Or, heaven forbid, if someone unfamiliar with the customs of the beach just walked up and pulled the front of the tent open, revealing her in all her naked glory. Subconsciously, one of her hands crossed over her chest for cover as she awkwardly stood there. That was until a certain voice pulled her from her stupor.

“Hey, Chloe,” Adrien’s voice floated to her ears from the other side of the tent’s thin wall. Marinette’s heart skipped a beat, nearly jumping back a couple feet. Her one hand now firmly planted in place, while her other hand darted to cover her privates, not knowing what else to do, her mind not able to compel her body to do anything but stare in the direction of Adrien’s voice. She didn't want to risk attracting Adrien's attention by moving. “What’re you doing hanging out over here?”

“I’m waiting for this Slowpoke to get out so I can change,” Chloe said, raising her voice in the direction of Marinette’s tent. A blush painted Marinette’s cheeks, and she suddenly found herself holding her breath. The only thing keeping them from seeing her naked was a thin tent wall…

“But you’re already wearing a swimsuit,” Nino said, confusion evident in his voice. “And aren’t there like five other tents you could get changed in just a few feet away from here?”

“Well, I don’t want to wear this swimsuit anymore,” Chloe scoffed. “And this is the tent I always use, and I’m not about to change that up just because someone is taking forever.”

Nino let out a nervous laugh. “Uh, so where’s Sabrina? I don’t see her with you.”

“Oh, she’s around,” Chloe said. For some reason, the way she said that made Marinette feel uneasy…

“Okay then… Well, we’re going to go catch up with Alya and Marinette now. Hopefully they haven’t had too much fun without us.” Nino said. Marinette could see his shadow pushing Adrien’s along.

“I’ll see you later,” Adrien called back to Chloe.

“You’ll be seeing a lot today,” Chloe said, voice just loud enough that Marinette could barely hear it. Despite that, Marinette could picture the devious smirk on Chloe’s face as she said it. Then, for one reason or another, Chloe just seemed to leave. What did she mean by that? Marinette wondered.

“Um, Marinette?” Tikki spoke up, hesitantly.

“Yes, Tikki?”

“I’m going to tell you something, but I need you to promise not to freak out.”

Marinette’s eyebrow rose, “What is it?” The kwami didn’t say a word. Instead she only pointed her hand down at the ground. Marinette’s eyes followed them do to where her duffle bag and clothes were… Or rather to where they should have been… Marinette’s heart seemed to skip a beat before going into overdrive as she frantically twisted and turned, looking all around for her stuff. She didn’t find a thing.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)