More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by HistoricoPublius HistoricoPublius

What do you want to do?

Head back to your dorm room.

With a slight sigh, you head back into Kings Hall. You may as well finish getting your dorm room set up - the sooner you're fully moved in, the more comfortable you'll feel.

Your roommate has clearly moved in already - had before you got here, in fact - but there's still no sign of him. Kings is a men's dormitory (the gendered spaces come with the "conservative Christian campus" territory, unfortunately for you), but you don't know anything about your new roommate other than his name: Terence Hill. He seems to be fairly neat and tidy, given how he's moved in so far. And certainly (though this also comes with the turf) he seems to be religious...

Just as you're finishing up unpacking, the door swings open and a bespectacled young man with sandy hair walks in. Though he's almost aggressively bland in his dress - he's wearing a plain navy sweater over khakis, of all things, and it's really too hot to be wearing a sweater - he's clearly fit and meets your gaze seriously. "You must be Luke. I'm Terence," he says, reaching out to shake your hand firmly. You give him a polite smile, a little weirded out by the formality.

"Good to meet you, man," you say. "I'm excited to get to know you and Ephesus a little better!"

"It's quite the place. Or so I'm told," Terence says. He crosses over to the desk at the end of his bed and sits down, pulling a planner out of the drawer and looking over it. After making a few notes, he nods firmly and turns back to you. "So! Should we discuss rules and regulations?"

"Uh. What?" you ask, nonplussed.

"Rules. And regulations," he says. "I find it's best to get this sort of thing out of the way at the start of a relationship. I assume, since you're here, you have a personal relationship with Jesus."

"Um, I guess you could say that," you mutter, shoving a couple of books onto the one shelf on your side of the room. That's not a lie - after all, you can say all sorts of things that aren't true.

"Then you'll understand that I take my relationship with Jesus very seriously," Terence tells you. He sounds serious, all right. "And I won't have you acting as any sort of temptation to me. Understand?"

You frown. "What sort of things are you thinking about?"

He ticks them off on his fingers. "You're not to drink in here. You're not to do any . And you are most certainly not to have any females in this room."

"I can't even have them in the room?" you ask, slightly incredulous. "What if we're working on a group project or something?"

"...Fine," Terence says, clearly thinking he's being the bigger person for giving into your unreasonable demands. "But obviously you cannot, and will not, be spending the night with any of them. Or doing anything else inappropriate!"

You frown, irritated by this puritanical jerk's overbearing moralizing.

What do you do in response?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)