More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ChickenchChowMein ChickenchChowMein

Now what?

Hannah's waiting for you

"So you made it," she said with a smirk.

"How'd you know?" you asked.

"Easy, Scott and Andy aren't walking you out in handcuffs," she said matter-of-factly. "Besides, I wouldn't have brought you here if I didn't think they'd let me keep you."

Your manhood stirs slightly at that last comment.

"C'mon, I'll show you around," she said, grabbing your wrist and dragging you along.

You follow her back down the stairs to the lobby, passing a uniformed officer with a short barreled shotgun slung over one shoulder along the way.

"Great. Another civilian," the man grumbled as his shoulder brushed against yours.

"Nice to see that everyone around here shares your sunny disposition," you said.

"Oh, don't mind Andy. He's kind of a prick," Hannah said. "Now, in case you didn't figure it out when we came through the first time, this is the bunk room."

You looked around more thoroughly. There were restrooms to one side and a receptionist's desk to the other. Behind you, to either side of the stairs, hallways lead to other first floor rooms and eventually the rear exit. Ahead, opposite the stairs, were a pair of tall glass panels, framing in a set of glass double doors. It was all boarded up now, of course. Only one of the two doors was left such that it could still be opened and it was covered with a sheet of corrugated tin in which someone had cut an inch wide slit at eye level.

As for the lobby itself, all the furnishings had been cleard out and replaced with four rows of three cots each. An easel was set up in one corner with a map of the city on it. An intricate arrangement of different colored pins dotted the map. Some surely indicated areas that had already been raided for supplies, but beyond that it was mystery to you.

On one of the cots sat a young black man, wearing a red baseball cap with a flattened brim. He was reading through a text book and didn't notice you immediately.

"Devin, get your head out of that book and say hi to our new group member, John," Hannah said, nudging his leg with her boot.

"Oh, hey, my man. Where'd Hannah drag you out of? You look a little worse for wear," he said with a good-natured grin.

"Eh... is it okay if we skip over that question?" you ask.

To your relief, he holds up his hands and says, "'Nuf said, bro. We all been there. But don't worry. We'll get you all cleaned up and feeling human again in no time. Anyway, it's nice to meet you, John. Looking forward to working with ya."

"You too, Devin. What are you reading there, anyway?" you ask, indicating his book.

"Studying up for midterms. ...or at least I was before the zombies took over. Now I'm just trying to maintain a little normalcy," Devin explained and turned back to his studies.

"He seems alright," you said to Hannah as she lead you away.

"Yeah, he's probably the most well adjusted of any of us. Probably years of zombie shooter games," Hannah said with a grin.

Eventually you found yourself following her up a latter to the roof. Along the way you were afforded an even better view of her well-sculpted ass than before.

"I saw you checking me out," she says as you climbed onto the roof next to her.

"I- no I would never," you stammered.

"Oh, are you gay," she asked, crossing her arms.

"What? No!" you replied indignantly.

"Then tell that truth. You were checking out my ass on the latter AND back on the stairs, weren't you?" she says.

"Well, yes. Sorry," you finally said.

She laughed. "It's okay. You're only human. But it might cost ya if one of the other girls around camp catches you."

"Thanks. I'll try to remember that," you said.

"What are you two talking about?" a young Asian woman asked, approaching with a scoped rifle hefted over one shoulder.

She had long, jet black hair which was currently draped around over her shoulder, opposite the rifle. She was uncharacteristically well developed; a fact that you tried your best not stare at. The well fitting white T-shirt that she wore did little to hide it.

"Oh, nothing. This is John, our newest member," Hannah said.

"Oh, nice. Well I'm Mindy, our resident sharpshooter," the girl replied, patting the side of her rifle with her free hand.

You glanced over at the sandbag structure on the corner of the roof. It consisted of a circular, raised platform with waist high walls on three sides. Four poles held up a blue tarp-roof.

"That your sniper nest?" you ask, stealing the term from some television documentary you saw years ago.

"Something like that. Think the army had some kind of gun set up in it before ran. All I had to do was add a roof and a few homey touches. Anyway, I better get back on watch. Nice talking to you," she said and turned to look back out.

As you walked back to the ladder you suddenly felt a slap to your shoulder.

"You were checking her out, too!" Hannah accused in a hushed tone.

"Ow, come on. I tried not to," you said, rubbing your shoulder.

"Is that all we are to you, something to stare at and drool over?" Hannah said, beginning to sound more angry.

"No, not at all. It, well... it's been a while for me," you say, flustered.

"Relax, John. I'm just picking on you again," she said, laughing.

"Gosh, you give everyone a hard time like this or am I special?" you say.

"You seem pretty special to me," she said, winking.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)