More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Just Johnny Just Johnny

What does Meredith do as a first use of her powers?

Go to school and test her powers on those who deserve it

Merideth Harrison did not, however, know quite what to do. In spite of her now absolute and unquestionable omnipotence, her mind remained quite unchanged and was thus paralyzed by the truly infinite potential of things she might do. She contemplated spending some time, an hour or an aeon, to puzzle over the best thing to do, but she swiftly determined that sounded like the most boring thing someone in her situation could possibly start with. Better to take some chances, make some mistakes, and get exceedingly messy.

But though that resolution made her grin, it didn’t direct her towards any one course of action. With a shrug, she decided to just go about her routine as usual. A quick shower leads to the tile in her bathroom melting away and sloughing down the drain when she tries to see how superheated lead feels. Her breakfast, summoned from unwilling and uninformed doners all around the world, depletes the entire world’s supply of chicken eggs and fresh cooked bacon, crippling the food supply for weeks to come. Her morning dump- is put off, for the time being, as the result of a casual whim. There will be a better time for that later.

And with the simple business out of the way, she gets ready to head off to school. She briefly considers what to wear, whether to call up a sycophant to give her a ride, and whether she ought to even attend her classes anymore, but then decides that those kinds of petty details aren’t worth bothering with. Instead she utters a mental command to the universe and her naked body is in the campus courtyard, garnering baffled looks from all around.

Naturally it’s an administrator who breaks the stunned silence. He manages a bit of bluster, but his confusion is far more prominent in his voice. “Young lady, is this… Your idea of some protest? I shall have you know that there is no place in this school for some…” He raises himself up and finds the righteous indignation he was too baffled to display, “Some burlesque parlor trick!”

Merideth roles her eyes. In the exultation of her newfound divinity, she had forgotten the drudgery of mortality. Even for someone so rightfully privileged as her, the structures of authority held no end of trouble. It was her first time getting bossed around by this particular guy, but her teachers had...

Merideth stands. She gives the administrator the slightest dismissive gesture, and his body instantly withers and shrinks until it’s that of an awkward, acne ridden college-aged girl. A particular college aged girl actually- she had one in mind when she made her subtle command to the cosmos. An easily forgotten young lady by the name of Rinny, who, as an unintended and unconsidered consequence of this man’s punishment found her body suddenly become that of an elderly, wrinkled old man in a business suit. And just as she was coming out of her shell too… A tragedy that is quickly forgotten among the chaos that was to be Merideth’s first day.

“I think,” She says to the crowd as it quickly grows fearful, “We should all get to class.”

And what class would that be?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)