More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jm21 Jm21

What do I do when I wake up?

Go to School

Beep! Beep! Beep!

My phone’s alarm screams in my ear from my nightstand, startling me out of my sleep and, unfortunately, into the waking world. Without giving it a second thought, I semi-agressively reach out to turn off the alarm, only to knock my phone onto the floor. Fuck. What a way to start an 18th birthday. I reluctantly roll out of bed, pick my phone up, and turn off the alarm.

I quickly get myself dressed, throwing on an almost too tight t-shirt and flattering jeans and tucking my phone into one of my bockets. The best part about being an adult is that no one can tell you what to do, right? I smirk to myself, before heading out of my bedroom and into the kitchen. The room’s completely empty when I walk in, sending a little bit of confusion through me. Did I seriously get up before mom and dad? They always have their alarms set to go like an hour and a half before me. Shit.

I glance around the room for a second, before grabbing two Pop Tarts out of the box on the counter and putting them in the toaster. My brain starts to fuzz out, as I wait for them to pop out.

The sound of the toaster going off grabs my attention. I grab the Pop Tarts out of the toaster and rush out to my car with them as soon as I can hold them. I know I have to get on the road before mom and dad get up if I don’t want to deal with the whole “my baby’s an adult” and “what the hell are you wearing” song and dance.

By the time I’m half way to school, I’ve already shoved both Pop Tarts down my throat. I pull into the school’s parking lot, which, unfortunately, is across the street from my actual school. I get out of my car and flatten my shirt out, before walking up to the street. I quickly check both sides of the street, before stepping down onto the asphalt.

After only a few steps across the street, I hear something I can’t identify. Something loud. I barely have the time to try and figure out what it is, when I turn my head to the sound and see a car screaming towards me. Out of fear, I freeze up, completely unable to move out of its path.

Before the car can actually hit me, I feel someone grab me from behind and pull me back onto the side walk. I watch in near-horror as the car races past where I’d been standing.

“Shit, are you alright,” I hear an almost familiar voice ask.

“I- yeah, I- I just need-” I trail off, my racing breath practically cutting me off. I feel the person behidn me knod and pull me in closer. My heart pounds against my ribs and I can practically hear it pounding in my ears. The grip of the person behind me stays firm on my waist and stomach, holding me close to them. The feeling of their heartbeat against my back, far slower than mine, helps calm me down, their arms still tight around me.

After a moment, I feel my breathing and heartbeat calm down and my hands stop shaking. The person behind me repeats their question, their voice sounding more familiar than before. I start turning around as I respond, wanting to see the face of the person that saved my life. “Yeah. Thank you. I pro-”

I trail off again when I actually see their face, shock cutting my sentence short. The recognition hits me like a ton of bricks.

Who saved me?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)