More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GLKnight GLKnight

What's next?

From The Divorce Proceedings

"I always knew Dad could be a major asshole," Steven called out as he dropped the box full of extra light fixtures and scented oils on the couch, stretching and bending as soon as he did to try and loosen up. "But hiding over TWELVE MILLION in separate accounts, on top of that slut he was cheating on you with?"

"That's the real issue," Amy replied, quickly dropping a box full of cleaning supplies next to what Steven brought in. "I gave Charles 40 great years, and this is how he treats us? Despite how much it hurt, I'm fine with him out of our lives. From now on, he's not my husband. And I don't want you to call him your father after everything he tried to pull to screw you over, too."

Steven looked at his mom. 62 years old, and despite showing signs of age and a sedentary lifestyle, her heavy set five foot body still held more will than a Navy Seal. It was the one thing he most admired in her. The one thing he most looked for in a partner. And he would do anything for his mom, because he knew she was always there for him. Unlike... Well, I guess he was supposed to call him CHARLES, now. He went in for a hug, which Amy quickly reciprocated.

"Which is why I'm gonna follow your lead and start calling him Charles from now on. That sound good?"

Amy's grip grew tighter, and she started nodding. For a split second, it reminded Steven of something an old ex-girlfriend of his, Leah, would do. Every time, after they had sex, Leah would just hold on to him and not let him go until she fell asleep, her face in his chest as he stroked her hair. A surefire way to help her prevent any nightmares caused by trauma from her childhood. He missed her sometimes, but she had to move back home after college. Last he heard, she had gotten a good job doing something, but he forgot what.

"Come on," Steven suggested. "We should start putting everything away."

Amy let go, and straightened up a bit. Steven even thought he could see Amy wiping something from her eye as she brushed some hair behind her ear.

"Right. You're right. Let's start figuring out where we can put this stuff. We've only got a few days before you gotta go back to work."

Quickly grabbing one of the boxes on the couch, Amy stormed her way around a corner, down a long hallway as Steven began pulling out essential oil misters and little lamps out onto the nearby... table...

"Mom," Steven shouted, "Did we bring any tables from the old house?"

"I think so," Amy replied from the bathroom. "I was told that this house DID have some things in it after we got it in the settlement."

Steven looked at the table. He had never seen it before. Hell, he was pretty sure he didn't see it when he first came through the door. But with what Amy said to him, he was pretty sure he could be 100% wrong. So, shrugging his shoulders, Steven went back to organizing.

"Steven," Amy called out. "Come look at this?"

With a slight groan, Steven stood up and quickly followed the same path Amy had down towards a hallway lined with 7 doors.

He knew what was on the left side: kitchen, laundry, bathroom.

And on the right side: dining room, spare room and mud room to the backyard.

But the last door had... Wait, had he seen what was in this door? He could have sworn it was just a downstairs closet. So why was it open? And why was there bright light coming out of it?

"Mom?"

"In here, Steven!", she quickly replied, her voice filled with some excitement. With some slight hesitation, Steven quickly followed the sound of his mother's voice.

What was on the other side of that door?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)