More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by crono04 crono04

Begin the search for Crono's mom, or re-recruit Glen?

Find Glen

"I have to agree with Marle, Crono. Frog could be very helpful in our search. None of us knows this time like he does, and he's good to have in a battle, too," Lucca says in her ever-knowing voice.

Crono looks back and nods just before setting Epoch down outside Guardia Castle.

The three travellers get out of their time machine and climb the stairs. The guards at the door greet them and welcome them inside. Marle giggles at one of the guard's obvious glance at her chest. Crono, however, gives him one of those 'if looks could kill' glares. The guard gulps and stands back at attention. The three enter the throne room to find King Guardia, Queen Leene....but no Glen.

"Ah, Crono! Lucca! Decendant Nadia! Welcome back! Off on another adventure through time, are you?" The king is extremely jovial, almost to a fault. But then again, you did help him win a major war, so a little kindess is in order.

Lucca steps forward. "Yes, your highness. Crono's mother accidentally stepped through a gate, and we don't know when it led to. Have you seen her? Green hair, purple dress, talks like we do?"

"I...have not. I am sorry." The king looks genuine in his appology. Marle tells him not to worry too much.

"By the way, where's Glen" she asks. "He's still your guard, isn't he?"

Queen Leene looks away with sadness in her eyes, and Crono immediately knows what she'll say.

"Glen is....gone."

Marle gasps. "He died?!"

"Perish the thought!" King Guardia says. "No, Glen has left our service. He is simply a wanderer now."

"Oh, my! Why, what happened?" Marle sounds for an answer.

"Glen...no, Magus! He is the trouble here! It seems accompanying you did not change him one whit. He has recently resumed his efforts to take the kingdom from the family Guradia. He even got as far as this very castle! Glen fought him, and fought bravely. His valiant efforts no doubt saved this kingdom, as well as her royal family. But when Magus realized Glen would defeat him, he put onto him a terrible curse! Glen slayed Magus, but afterward, he deemed himself unfit to protect this country, despite what we all said."

"How awful!" Marle exclaimed. "I really thought Magus was our friend. How could he?"

"What kind of curse was it? Is he a frog again?" Lucca took the bad news in stride, somehow.

"No. Magus knew that he had become used to being a frog-man. He branded him with an even more terrible curse this time. He is...I cannot say it!" King Guardia said.

Leene spoke up. "Please. I know this may be troublesome, and will slow your search for Crono's mother, but I beg you. Find Glen and bring him back!"

Who will you help?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)