More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by grimbous grimbous

What's next?

Female Victim [Mind Control/]

I am walking down the street, strutting proudly on the arm of my husband Maxwell. Max was a very successful lawyer and a rapidly rising star in the legal community of the city. He was tall, dark, and handsome. He kept himself in great shape and he was ambitious and intelligent. A real catch by anyone's standard. I was what you might call a trophy wife. My only job was to see to his happiness and that I did well. I was truly a kept woman and I loved it! Maxwell at 43 was eight years older than me and just a hint of grey speckled his temples giving him the beginnings of that dignified older man look.

He looks down at me. "Want to get a drink Bridget?" I nod with a smile and press into his side. His black wool pea coat felt soft in my hand. It was a cool Autumn day and a drink to warm me sounded just perfect. We were downtown doing a bit of shopping. Thus far the trip had been a bust but it had just been nice spending time with him. He was always so busy that I treasured every minute I got with him.

Just then a disheveled looking man in jeans and worn old jacket almost bumps into us. He was of medium height, Caucasian, probably in his late 30's, and had a slender build. It looked like he hadn't shaved in two or three days and his hair was messy and only hastily combed. Judging by his nice but slightly tattered clothes he was a once successful man down on his luck. We all stop for a moment and mumble our 'excuse me's' when Maxwell says. "Hey, I know you. Umm...where did we meet? I can't...I can't quite remember."

The man looks up at my Max and I see the light of recognition enter his expression. After a moment's hesitation the man gets a dark look in his eye and responds. "Pineapple Platypus!" I tilt my head in confusion at the nonsense and I feel Max stiffen for a moment at my side before relaxing once more. The man then smiles. "We met at your office Christmas Party three years ago. I remember you perfectly."

I cast my mind back. Three years ago...I'd been sick that night and I wasn't able to go with him. There were a lot of laughs about the party afterward. Evidently they had hired a stage hypnotist and Max had made quite a fool of himself. Oh how I had wished I'd been there to see it. The normally controlled and debonair Maxwell acting a fool, it would have been quite the sight.

I then notice the man looking me up and down like a thirsty man eyeing a tall cold glass of water. A shiver runs up my spine, this guy was giving me the creeps big time. I give Max a little tug of the arm indicating I was ready to go.

The man then says. "Say, I live right close by. Come up to my apartment and have a drink. Won't you?"

I start to make an excuse when Maxwell cuts me off. "Yes. A drink." He says in a strange voice, just slightly more flatter and more monotone than usual. We all begin to move in the direction the man indicated. I keep trying to tug at Max to tell him I really didn't want to do this. I also bring up that we really had other places to be, but he was almost ignoring me as he followed the ratty looking man.

I always follow where Max leads, but something didn't feel right about this situation.

Do I follow along?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)