More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Thatguy88 Thatguy88

Helping Out

Farmer Amy

The next morning true to her word Amy greeted you on the porch sporting her trademark massive hoodie.

You explained the property to Amy, the fencing that encircled the 200 acres and how you had supplies brought in regularly.

"So what do we do?" she asked.

"Feed the goats," you said, "water, check the salt lick, feed the chickens and ducks, check their enclosures."

"They're all so cute," said Amy petting one of the goats.

"They are," you said putting some hay out for the goats.

"Were you always a farmer?" asked Amy.

"Stock broker," you said.

"Oh," said Amy, "I didn't have you pegged for a Wall Street douche."

"I don't think I was a douche," you said, "then again that feels like another life."

"I'm sure you were nice," said Amy, "most people won't help a random stranger."

"I'm just glad I was able to help," you said.

"I mean it," said Amy turning to you and putting a hand on your chest, "thank you."

"Don't mention it," you said, "and I mean it, stay as long as you like."

After your morning chores you made breakfast and Amy was clearly exhausted.

"You do this everyday," she groaned as you put a cup of coffee in front of her.

"I do," you said, "it gets easier."

"Can I be honest with you," said Amy as she blew on her coffee.

"I'd prefer it," you said.

"The reason those guys were harassing me," she said, "at the bar. I'm, I."

"It's ok," you said, "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"I want to," she said, "it's just, most of the people I've met haven't reacted positively."

"As long as you're not like a terrorist I can't see it mattering," you said.

"I," started Amy, "am trans."

"Oh," you said, "that's why they were harassing you?"

"Yeah," said Amy, "they know my parents and my parent's definitely do not approve."

"That's why you said you had nowhere to go."

She nodded.

"I was hoping to catch a ride to Boise and get a plane somewhere," she said, "but I don't have a lot of money and I didn't know where to go."

"Like I said, you can stay as long as you like."

"Thank you," she said wiping a tear from her eye, "I went away to college, so I was able to start hrt and hide it from my parents, but when I got back home after graduation I couldn't hide it."

"I can't imagine," you said.

"Loving parents?" she asked.

"Dead parents," you responded.

"Should I be spending time with you?" she asked causing you to spit out a sip of coffee laughing.

"It feels good to talk about all of this," she said after a minute.

Amy helped you every morning from then on, with the two of you it gradually became easier, she took some of the less intensive chores but it was nice to have the help. That night you sat in the living room going through bills when Amy joined you, her hoodie was gone and instead she was wearing a green sundress and it seemed like she'd put makeup on.

"Going somewhere?"

"No," said Amy as she sat down near you on the couch, "I just wanted to look nice."

"Mission accomplished," you said drawing a blush from Amy who you noticed had scooched closer.

"Looks like a lot of bills," she said leaning towards.

"It's fine," you said, "I've got the money I'm just checking for accuracy."

She put a hand on your shoulder as she scanned the food bill in your hand.

"How do you pay for all of this?"

"Old investments," you said, "new investments. I still consult from time to time."

"Maybe I can help," she said reaching into her bra to procure a few twenties, "I know it's not much."

"Amy," you said, "I don't need your money, you help out around the farm."

"I can do more," said Amy, "I want to stay here but I want to help."

Her free hand moved up your thigh as she locked eyes with you. You moved to speak but she put a hand over your mouth.

"If you won't take my money," she said, "please, let me do something else for you."

How do you respond?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)