More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by deadite deadite

Go home or head to the bar?

Faqs for writers

Here's a list of characters so far for future writers to use with a physical description and general personality over view. New characters may be added from time to time. If a writer feels like adding one contact me and I’ll add them here so other writers can read about them and use them accordingly.

Standard Deadite rules apply. A little light B&D is welcome but no scars or marks please. Serious harm of a character will get a thread deleted. Blood sports, water sports (you know the ones I mean), and fecal matter are strictly prohibited, and will result in thread deletion.

Ok now on to the characters. They will be listed by what they do at the beach.

Lifeguards: The job title is pretty self explanatory. They work at either the Main beach or west beach, which will be described latter in this section. The suits are the standard red color. Board shorts for the guys and a one piece for the girls. The girls have a choice of a scooped back or a high back with crossing straps. They can either wear a white t-shirt with the park district logo and lifeguard across the back or a whit tank top with the same markings. Besides working their shifts they are required to attend training sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 am.

Main character: You get to pick his name but his physical appearance is set. He has short blond hair and grey eyes, is about 6’2” and is in really good shape and is 22 years old (y/o). He played football in high school but didn’t try out in college. Most of his friends are gear heads, musicians, or stoners. His musical taste is all over the place but he hates rap. Also he loves cheesy movies like the Evil Dead trilogy and the Killer tomato franchise. This is his last summer working at the beach before graduating college, and has just broken up with his long time girlfriend.

Scott: Your best friend since jr.high. He played football with you in high school but unlike yourself is a bit of a pot head. Unlike most pot heads he is a little bit hyper and has a hard time sitting still unless he’s drawing. He’s very talented at art and can draw some pretty amazing stuff. The two of you are often mistaken for brothers. He is 6’1” and a little on the husky side with blond hair and blue eyes.

Terri: If Scott is your best friend than Terri is your best female friend. She went to the cross town high school but the two of you started guarding at the same time and instantly clicked. She loves cheesy movies just as much as you. During high school and college she was a track and swim star. She is 5’5” with light brown hair that comes a few inches past her shoulders, but she usually wears it in a ponytail, a deep brown tan, and dark brown eyes. Measurements 30b-24-33.

Andy: Two years younger than you, you first met him as one of Scott’s smoking buddies. Andy has the typical laid back stoner persona. Unlike most potheads Andy is into heavy metal, punk, and industrial music, and can play a mean guitar. He is generally considered the beach clown and most everybody likes him. He is a little on the scrawny side at 5’5” with dark curly hair and dark eyes.

Erin: At 18 she is four years younger then you. You first met her two years ago when she started guarding. Most people mistake her shyness for being stuck up and some of the other guards took an early dislike to her. You gave her a chance and became pretty good friends, due to the fact that she has a fun sarcastic sense of humor. You had always thought of her as a little sister but this year notice that she's got a rock'n bod. She is 5'5", blue eyes, and has long light blond hair that comes to the middle of her back. Unlike most of the guards she never seems to get tan and has a smooth fair complexion. Measurements 34c-26-34.

Matt: He is two years younger than you and went to a different school than you. He and his twin brother started guarding two years after you and for the most part you get along. He was the star wrestler at his school and goes to college on a scholarship. Matt has always tired to be the best at everything and sometimes his competitiveness gets on your nerves. He is 5'10" and has brown hair and eyes.

Kari: Having just turned 21 she is a year younger than you. She went to the same high school as you and was a cheerleader. Her father is a cop so most of the guys in high school were afraid to date her. As a cheerleader she only hung out with the popular crowd in high school but has mellowed out since starting college and the past couple of summers has started hanging out with your group more. She is 5'7" with dark brown hair that gets highlights from the sun, dark eyes and tans nicely. Measurements 32b-26-38.

Mike: Matt’s twin brother. Unlike his brother Matt is a bit of a slacker and much more laid back. He has been in a couple of different bands and when the guards get together for their “outings” joins Andy in jam sessions. He is notorious for taking extra long breaks and disappearing in the middle of his shift. He is 5’10” with brown hair and eyes.

Rebecca: She was in your class in high school and was a very serious student, a member of the national honors society and on the choir. Most people don’t know that to blow off steam she likes to play harmless practical jokes on others. You caught her setting up one of her jokes on another guard one year and promised to keep her secret as long as she agreed not to target you. This has led to you being a part time accomplice of hers. She has copper red hair, a fair complexion, light green eyes, and stands 5’6”. Measurements 34b-26-34.

Samantha: She is two years younger than you are and attended the same high school. If you were to look up popular snobby bitch in the dictionary there would probably be a picture of Sam there. She is a total party girl and after two years at college she is starting to look a little worn but still hot. A complete gossip, the moment she hears anything she finds interesting she puts it up on twitter and her myspace wall. She is 5’5” with light brown hair and green eyes. Measurements 32b-25-33.

Kristen: Samantha’s best friend and fellow gossip at large. She and Sam are the same age and are practically inseparable. After high school, they went to the same college, roomed together, and joined the same sorority. She has always been Sam’s second banana and if it wasn’t for the fact that Kristen is a much better student than Sam is you’d be inclined to think they share the same brain. She is 5’6” with reddish brown hair and blue eyes. Measurements 32c-27-35.

Jessie: She is one of the newest guards having moved to the area just last year. She is 18 and attends school with Erin. The two became best friends that summer and Jessie has fit in well with your little group. A bit of a tomboy, she is a soccer star and loves watching sports. While she is a petite girl, she is incredibly strong for her size. She is 5’1” with dark brown hair that comes to her shoulders, brown eyes, and an olive complexion that tans to a dark brown. Measurements 32a-22-26.

Beach Managers: They are responsible for all aspects of the beach from the lifeguards to the parking lot. They are responsible for filling out the paper work on any injuries that occur at the park and completing all the reports on saves the guards make. For the most part they are local teachers who are looking for a little extra income during the summer months. Their uniform is a red polo shirt with “Beach Manager” across the back in white, and a pair of shorts. Some of them have lifeguard certification but not all, and almost never work as guards.

Bob: Bob is the “Beach Captain”, or head beach manager. In his 40’s, he has been with the park district for 20 years. A very nice man, you can’t ever remember hearing him swear, he can be a little clueless at times. He spends most of his time at the main beach or the park district office. During the school year he teaches high school English. Along with the beach managers, beach clerk, and the senior guard he makes schedules.

Leah: She is one of the newer beach managers. At 27 she teaches high school social studies. This being only her second year as a beach manager she often asks the guards for advice on what needs to be done and lets them run the water front for the most part. She is almost as nice as Bob but has a firery temper when pushed too far. She is 6’0”, with light brown hair, hazel eyes, and a lightly tanned complexion. Measurements 36c-28-38.

Tommy: In his early thirties Tommy has been a beach manager since you started guarding. He is a Jr. High math teacher. Tommy has never grown up and still acts like a college guy. Often he spends his shift flirting with the female guards and college girls at the beach. He has been known to show up at guard outings and getting severely trashed. He is 5’6” with brown hair and green eyes.

Katy: The newest manager, up until last year Katy had been one of the guards. At 23 she is only a year older than you. After graduating college she got a job as an elementary school teacher. She attended the same high school as you but the two of you didn’t hang around with the same people. Katy had been one of the few popular girls who weren’t stuck up. She is 5’7” with black hair, blue eyes, and a dark complexion. Measurements 34d-25-35.

Camp counselors: Like many park districts yours has a day camp program. The camp counselors watch the kids and structure their activities. The first part of the day all the camp kids are at the beach as some attend swim lesions. For the most part the counselors let the kids run wild at the beach much to the guards’ chagrin. They round them up after lunch and take them to another park for the rest of the day.

Cecile: Your ex-girlfriend. She went to the cross town high school and the two of you met at a party in your senior year. You had kept dating in college and often joked about the fact that you had wound up at cross state colleges, just like high school. She had been a softball star and is on a scholarship. While the two of you were very physically compatible she was very trendy and didn’t like your taste in music at all. One night after the two of you had fought over the phone about whose turn it was to visit the others school she got high with her roommate and messed around some frat guy. She is 5’6” with long dark blond hair, brown eyes, and a very fair complexion. Measurements 34c-26-35.

Jenna: One of your friends from high school she is two years younger than you at 20. Your parents worked together and you had known each other for years but never dated. She has had a string of boyfriends that have treated her like crap and you’ve had to straighten a few of them out from time to time. In the past she had dated Andy but couldn’t put up with his constant pot use, but the two remain good friends. She wound up at college with Cecile and had caught her making out with a frat guy the night she got high after your fight. Since then her friendship with Cecile has been strained due to her loyalty to you. She is 5’5” with a dark olive complexion, chocolate brown hair with blond highlights, and dark brown eyes. Measurements 34d-28-36.

J.T.: The two of you played football together in high school. J.T. got a scholarship to college. Two years ago he blew out his knee and lost his scholarship but stayed on to finish his degree. He is a nice guy and changed his degree to education after the accident that ended his football carrier. Since losing his scholarship he has been drinking a lot on the weekends. He is 6’8” and has gotten a bit of a beer gut lately.

Main beach: As the name implies it is the primary beach for the park district. It has a large activity and office building that houses the concession stand, guard break room, beach office, and a large gym. There are four shore stands for the guards, two small white platforms just beyond the three foot buoy markers, a rest stand halfway out, two deep water rafts, and a separate swim lesion area with two piers and a deep water raft. There is a large playground, a large picnic area as well as a band shell.

West beach: This is a much smaller beach located on the western side of the lake. It only has three shore stands, two small white platforms just beyond the three foot buoy markers, a rest stop halfway out, and one deep water raft. There is a small play ground and picnic area as well.

The Sand Bar: A bar and grill on the east side of the lake. Patrons can pull their boats up to the dock as well as drive there. Despite its great location it’s a bit of a dive but has bands playing there most nights in the summer and has been a guard favorite for years. The owners know that sometimes late at night the servers will sell to the guards that aren’t 21, but as long as they aren’t driving or cause a problem turn a blind eye.

Kevin: Owner of the Sand Bar he inherited it from his father. He is generally good natured but won’t tolerate anybody giving his staff a hard time and will take someone’s keys if he thinks they have had too much to drive. On more than one occasion he has thrown an unruly drunk off the dock, then fished them out and tossed them in a cab if none of their friends could drive them home. He’s 6’6” 250 with long blond hair and beard, and green eyes and is in his mid forties.

Ashley: Kevin’s niece and head bartender. She is 24 and moved to town from Arizona two years ago. A former track standout she has a sleek graceful body. Like her uncle her good nature hides a firey temper. She often will stay after the bar closes and lets some of the guards hang out and drink with her for free as long as they are willing to help clean up and bar back for her. She is 5’6” with jet black hair, green eyes, and a deep brown tan. Measurements 33b-25-35.

Ivy: New bartender at the Sand Bar her family just moved into town and is looking to meet some people in town, as well as make some spending money. She is a tough girl who can give as good as she gets. Once you get to know her you see she is very loyal to her friends and beneath the toughness is a heart of gold. She is 22 y/o, 5’5” with shoulder length blond hair and one green eye and one blue one. Measurements 35b-26-37.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)