More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AlexBXW AlexBXW

Who has been targeted?

Fan Bingbing

Fan Bingbing tried her best not fidget. Fidgeting would be a sign of weakness, and a clear indictation that despite her professional make-up and expensive dress, the Chinese actress felt like she was about to die from anxiety.

It had been a little over a month since her tax avoidance had been discovered, and if the there was something that could piss the CCP more than not getting their due, Fan did not know what it was. As it was, her career had already been sidelined for the moment, and she was under strict house arrest with only a small portion of her billion yuan fortune afforded to her every week. Normally, she would be able to pay off the penalty, but with how much Fan had embezzled, the consequences would be far more than she could even think of.

Her punishement would be beyond justice; it would be an example to others that even an actress that had starred in American blockbusters was not above the authority of the Party. For that reason, Fan knew that this would not be a walk in the park, but this is why she sat now, in the office of a Party official, to see if there was any way to avoid jail.

The slightly overweight middle-aged man looked at Fan with cold eyes. "I don't think I need to tell you that you are in big trouble, Ms. Bingbing." The actress nodded solemnly and the man went back to reading a paper. "I will not even attempt to sweeten the predicament. If the Party is merciful, you are looking at thirty years of hard labor in Songjian's Women's prison. After your sentence has been fulfilled, you will be released with your fortune taken away. You will be lucky to work at a sweatshop."

The Chinese actress just barely suppressed a sob. She had to put on a brave face, no matter what happened. Begging was out of the question; the CCP did not believe in mercy. "What do I have to do?"

The bastard smirked sadistically. "There is nothing you can do. This is the justice that will be carried out."

Fan shook her head. "There has to be... there has to be something else that I can do to avoid prison."

The man clicked his tongue, stood up to close the door to the office, and turned on the radio. As he sat down again, he looked back with those merciless eyes. "There is but one other choice... you take the rubber."

Fan took a deep breath. Taking the rubber... it was something that was said in low voices among the women of the Chinese entertainment industry. It was the last restort; the last measure to avoid poverty and destitution in exchange for freedom. In a way, the Asian actress felt a little flattered that someone out there had deemed her desirable enough to pay for her costly misdemeanor... the other side could only let out a shaky breath at the realization that it had come to this.

"What is your choice, Ms. Bingbing?"

Prison and misery or taking the rubber. Truly a choice made in hell, but at least it was a choice. Fan bit her lip and contemplated for what seemed like hours, then with a resigned breath he looked back at the man and gave her answer.

What does she choose?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)