More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Qball Qball

Does Lara get away before the creature gets out of the cage?

Exploring the cave maze

A voice echoed as Lara turned her back to the cage. "I wouldn't do that if I were you, Miss Croft." Lara turned around and saw the camera still following her every move. The voice came from a small speaker mounted on top of it. "These tunnels might prove more perilous than you think. You can take on Benny here without too much trouble, and I think he likes you very much, but... Be careful not to bite off more than you can chew."

Lara looked at 'Benny' as it was still wrestling with the cage bars, though the voice seemed to have tamed him a little. "So that thing's a PET!" she thought with disgust. She never really pictured herself as a pet's toy, and with a look of defiance to the camera, she turned around and walked away from 'Benny'. "As you wish..." whispered the voice...

It looked like the cage had been set up in some ancient underground complex. These tunnels bore the marks of human work, though the years had taken their toll on the carved rocks. A very dim light allowed Lara to find her way around; the cold and humid walls were shining dimly, as if they were reflecting some far away light.

A chill breeze was blowing with a low, hissing sound, and Lara had to keep moving; not only did she have to keep herself warm, but she suspected whoever ruled this place would not comply with her "wish" to escape them. Far away, she heard a loud growl and what sounded like voices; but the echo made it hard to decipher anything they were saying. She kept going from tunnel to tunnel, hoping she was not going in circles, and the same growls and the same voices came to her ears again, only this time they were much closer. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, she entered a great and ancient hall, where the air was much warmer. Moss covered blocks of stone that had fallen from the ceiling, and the hissing sound vanished as she crawled to one of these boulders. The place was also much darker, and she laid still on the floor, hoping to go unnoticed while her eyes adapted to the darkness. The growl and many excited voices filled the hall; they were dangerously close.

What will Lara find in the hall?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)