More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Wicked Nightmare Wicked Nightmare

What does Serris do first?

Examine the list of alerts.

A look in-sequence showed course corrections. That was what did it after all. The ship apparently made a bad guess and ended up wandering. It kept trying to correct it's course after it wasn't able to update the starmap. Another alert she disabled. She didn't think she needed to wake up every time it downloaded a new map, since that was done automatically. Apparently the same trigger covered lack of access to a newer map. Serris thought to herself that she hoped she could get smarter software, but remembered she might be far from anything that she knew, or that knew her.

Flipping the order, she saw 'power source low' as the newest event reported, followed by docking, and then the seemingly endless list of course corrections. The docking was listed as happening 342 years ago, by the classic earth count. 872 years passed since she went to sleep.

Serris sat on the bed and leaned toward the wall. It was a long time to be out. A few friends in the interstellar transport business might still be around, but she'd probably be starting her life over if she got home. She spent a few moments contemplating what she'd do after she accessed her trade account. She'd probably be able to retire in comfort if the new planet did well. She considered becoming a historian. She did have some catching up to do.

But first, she had to get home.

What does Serris do next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)