More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by AnonDan AnonDan

Choose which items to pack for the trip to Miami

Everything has been packed, next stop Miami!

As time went by, Sunday soon came. Lara awoke up bright & early to get herself ready. She showered up, put on all her makeup, & dressed in a simple pair of skinny jeans & a cute, low-cut t-shirt, black in color. Winston, her butler, was to assist her in getting to the airport, however, he was nowhere to be found that morning.

"Winston!" Lara called out several times throughout the manor.

"I am sorry Ms. Croft. I do apologize for my tardiness," Winston said as he began to cough severely.

"Winston, are you alright?" Lara asked with concern. "You're coughing very violently & you're sweating profusely,"

"Y-yes Ms. Croft. I just have a cold is all. We should get going, otherwise, you'll be late for your flight." Winston said still coughing.

"No Winston. We won't be doing anything. I want you to go lie down & get some rest. You need it," Lara hastily replied.

"But Ms. Croft! How else will you get to the airport?" Winston asked.

"I'll just hail a cab Winston. It's no big deal." Lara assured him.

Winston bowed his head. "Yes, of course. Thank you Ms. Croft. And again, I do apologize for the inconvenience."

Lara chuckled. "Don't worry about it Winston. Your health is my concern."

And with that, Winston took to his quarters to rest. And meanwhile Lara & called for a cab service to come pick her up.

And as time passed buy Lara began anxiously looking at the clock. "Shit! At this rate, I'll miss my flight. Where is that ta-" And at that moment she was interrupted by a ringing doorbell.

Lara quickly grabbed her belongings & rushed to the door. And when she opened it, there stood a short, scruffy man, with his messy hair that looked like he just got out of bed.

"Good morning Mam. You called for a cab service?" The cab driver said in a depressing tone. To which Lara thought he sounded like a man that hated his job & wasn't so sure about him driving her, but regardless, she needed someone to drive her to the airport.

"Yes," Lara responded. "We need to hurry, I'm running late."

The cab driver rolled his eyes as he grabbed her suitcase. He took it outside & put it in the trunk of the cab as Lara herself, sat down in the backseat of the cab. The driver then got in himself & began driving toward the airport. During their drive, Lara couldn't help but continuously look at her watch. She had time, but she always liked to arrive early.

During the cab right, both Lara & the cab driver were silent. But all of that changed when the cab driver took a detour & Lara immediately noticed.

"Excuse me!" Lara said with concern. "Where are we going? This isn't the way to the airport,"

The cab driver looked at her through his rear view mirror. "I'm hungry. I'm just going to stop and grab a quick snack."

"What?!" Lara said angrily. "You can't be serious! I'm going to report you to your supervisor!"

"Eh, go ahead. This job is such a drag anyway," The cab driver said in response to her threat.

"Just my luck." Lara thought to herself. "I knew this guy was going to be trouble. But there's nothing I can do now. It's not like I will be able to call for another cab & still be able to catch my flight in time."

They then pulled up to a local pub shortly after. Lara knew she had to somehow convince him to drive her to the airport right now, otherwise she would have to wait for who know's how long for the cab driver to grab his snack. But how?

Does Clara come up with a way to convince the cab driver? Or does she take her chances & wait it out?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)