More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by leroy leroy

What is your symbol?

European Space Federation. (Focuses on Heavy troops. Movement speed is slower as troops have more armor.)

The symbol of the European Space Federation. The seven-pointed star representing unity and a quest for a bright future.

You are Lieutenant Cassandra Rose.

The time after the landing had been hectic. You'd had to offload quickly to avoid enemies discovering where your drop ship had diverted to. For now, it seemed to have worked.

Your troops had set up camp in this area, your few light troops were scattered around the perimeter as an early warning system, giving you a chance to plan your next move. It was time to call in your sergeants and decide what to do. You sent them a ping to meet you in the middle of the camp. It would be good for your troops to see you making a plan.

It didn't take them long to reach you.

"So LT what's the plan?" One of them asked, her face obscured by her visor, only your HUD letting you know it was Sergeant Zoya Sierra.

"I'm currently weighing our options. What's it look like out there Vos?" You asked, turning to the smallest of the three, her armor that of light infantry rather than the thicker suits of the heavies.

"The way I figure we've got three ways to go from here." She said pulling up a digital map.

"First off, we've got this savanna here. Its the most direct route for now but that doesn't mean much with how far we have to go. The grass also won't provide much cover against any drones that decide to look for us. It could even provide cover for ambushers.

Second, there's a nice flat plain we could go across. It's at more of an angle than the savanna but we'll have a better chance of seeing anything coming our way.

Last, there's another set of trees about a mile away. It'll be slow to move through but it won't be as big of a detection risk. That's my favored option." Sergeant Fleur Vos informed you.

"I don't know Vos, those woods might be good for you and your girls but we've got a lot of heavies. I think we'd be better off going through the savanna. The grass might not provide as much cover but we'd be best off trying to make as much distance as possible before the enemy knows where we are." Sierra pointed out.

"We don't know that someone doesn't already have an idea of our position. I say we go on the plain. It'll let us protect ourselves better if we get spotted. Without any cover, our heavies can outslug anything that might be out there." Your final Sergeant Amelia Laine spoke up. "It's up to you LT."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)