More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by corsetslut corsetslut

Choose a Character

Eric

Eric woke with a splitting headache, blearily he opened one eye. It was early morning and the cursed sun was doing its best to blind him.

"Gah, leave me alone sun. What did I ever do to you?" he rolled over but it was too late, he was awake now and staying that way.

Grumbling to himself Eric staggered out of bed and did his best zombie impression with his eyes barely open all the way to the bathroom for the morning pee.

A shower and a shave was done and by the time he found himself in front of the fridge, his other eye had managed to lubricate it's self into a semi-functioning state.

"what mysteries do you hold within your cold embrace?" Eric asked the fridge.

Eric had a bad habit of talking to himself, some people said it was the first sign of madness to talk to yourself, but for Eric, it was just loneliness. and thankfully he only did it when no one was listening.

The fridge was then opened to reveal... old milk, some bread and a couple of jars of jam. If he was going to make breakfast out of what was in there it was not going to be a very inspiring one. But beggars can't be choosers and until the welfare payment arrived he had a grand total of 4 dollars.

This week was going to suck.

Resignedly Eric closed the fridge, the bread would keep as would the jam. best to wait until he was very very hungry.

Eric had been rationing and saving food and money since he was a kid. life had never been kind, He was one of those people who kind of got off on the wrong foot so to speak. Left school too early, couldn't find work and couldn't afford to do anything but survive.

The employment agencies demanded he look for work, and he did but for whatever reason he seemed to get passed by even for the worst kinds of jobs. You know your in trouble when you can't even land a job at an abattoir.

Today Eric had resigned himself to yet more failure in the finding a job buisness...

Looking into his job search notebook a few possibilities were scribbled down, some phone numbers and a couple of addresses. Eric chose one...

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)