More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by falconz499 falconz499

Who’s story do you want to read?

Emily (a short red head) and her fantasy football bet

Emily smiled as she stared at her computer screen. It was Tuesday morning and while she should’ve been spending this time catching up on emails at work she was busy basking in her dominant fantasy performance from that weekend. She was now 10-1 and heading into the last week of the fantasy regular season, in perfect position to clinch the number one seed. The only problem with that was that Beck (the league commissioner) was also 10-1 and as luck would have it they would face off this week to see who would be going into the playoffs as top dog.

Emily didn’t know Beck well. They had been acquaintances that had had a lot of mutual friends back in school so they had floated in the same circles for a few years before graduation. Emily has been surprised when Beck had texted her last year asking if she wanted to join the league that he managed that consisted of a bunch of mutual friends. She had played with her brothers and a few other friends growing up in a league and was excited to get back into it. She had been disappointed with her finish last season (5/10 and just missing the playoffs). It was made all the worse by the fact that Beck had gone on to win the championship and proceed to gloat about it in every email and text he sent since.

Emily glances up from her computer and looked around her office. No one seemed to be paying any attention on this sleepy Pre-Thanksgiving morning. She causally pulled her phone out of her purse on the floor and sent a text to Beck.

‘Looks like it’s you and me for the number 1 seed this week...’ Emily set the phone in her lap and reluctantly went back to work pulling up her email but was happily reprieved when she felt the phone vibrate in her chair.

‘I know. You’ll be a nice warm up game before I go on to cream everyone on my way to the championship again.’ Read Beck’s response.

‘Awful confident coming from the person I absolutely crushed a few weeks ago...’ Emily loved the trash talking aspect of fantasy football probably more than fantasy football.

‘Hey it was my QBs by week and my top two receivers had injuries. You don’t stand a chance now that I’m at full strength.’

‘Uh huh. You’ll be eating those words this time next week.’

‘Oh yeah? Now who is sounding over confident?’

‘I only wish it was the playoffs this week to make my victory all that sweeter.’

‘Oh yeah? Well what do you say we make this more interesting then?’

Emily paused as she considered Beck’s last text before typing her reply ‘What do you have in mind? Some kind of bet?’

What’s the bet?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)