More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Wigglesjiggles Wigglesjiggles

Who are you

Elliot McCaw - CEO of Atlust

You’re Elliot McCaw, but to be honest it would be easier to find people who didn’t know you. You founded Atlust as a fairly young man, the Tech Company quickly made money and your charisma and constant media presence kept you at the forefront of people’s minds. You remember how in one of your first interviews when asked about the name and you explained how you wanted to call your company Atlas but it was taken, so you tried Atlus and that was taken as well, so in frustration you just added a T to the end of your company so it wasn’t infringing on anything. Turns out that would be a huge boon for you as many people found it relatable to when they were trying for their emails only to find the one they wanted was taken. Being this relatable every-man meant that your company was already in good standings and by keeping this up on twitter and in subsequent interviews, you suddenly had average everyday people loving your company, thinking you can do no wrong. Of course this ‘act’ only got you so far but your company hadn’t had any reason to be in negative light and when you have a diehard fan base and a solid media presence you really found the cash flow to be seemingly unending.

This surplus of cash is what drove you to start up your pharmaceutical division, and have them work on fulfilling one of your ultimate fantasies, Mind control, well less mind control and more complete subservience but you weren’t one for semantics. Of course there were people who worked in your pharmaceutical division who were completely unaware, but you had screened enough people to feasibly do this and you made sure they were well paid, not that you were even sure if it would matter, you were the most liked CEO alive and you had a rabid fandom of people who saw you as a person who could do no wrong and not someone who’s main purpose was making money.

So far the results had been exceptional you had had several successes, who were completely subservient and selling them off to other rich and powerful people had easily allowed you to cover the trails of anything being wrong.

The lift finally stops at the level you want, having a penthouse above your company was cool but you had a lot of departments and it really made these lift journeys boring. And you really hated that you had these auto videos your advisors said it was a good idea as they have tours often enough to justify it, but still it’s a wonder that you haven’t heard any complaints from workers, not that you’d hear them anyway because of HR but still you hated them.

“So we have any good people signing up this week?” you ask your chief scientist Tim. Tim was a brilliant scientist, and by brilliant scientist you mean, a boring middle aged man, you never really liked the guy but he had results, and a similar interest in having people being mind controlled, probably so he can have people who seem genuinely interested in him. “Yeah we got 10 people in the next room, watching the briefing vid, my daughters also gonna answer any questions they have so you have less work boss” he replied handing you his clipboard with a list of names. Fuck, his daughter man, Sally was a brilliant scientist like her father, except in this case by brilliant scientist you meant cute brunette, who by some miracle happened to be related to the most boring man you knew. She’d jumped at the chance of working with her dad when she finished university, and you had jumped at the chance of having her ‘work’ for you, unfortunately she apparently looks for more in a partner than money so you were shot down pretty quick, and you doubt Tim would allow you to give her some mind controlling juice, or whatever it is that makes them like this, honestly you don’t know what it is, you leave the boring science stuff for the people you pay to care about it.

Looking down the clipboard you see a list of names, 3 men 7 women. “I hope the girls are cute” you say idly, “they mostly are there’s one that I wouldn’t touch though” Tim replied, that sounded promising because for a middle aged balding divorced man Tim had really high standards, I mean he probably had to as his ex-wife must have been a looker, because Sally sure as shit didn’t get her looks from him. Your mind is taken off of internally bullying the staff member you interact with the most as the doors open and you get your first look at who you’re gonna be playing with this week.

The trial subjects arrive.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)