More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ExpansionMaid ExpansionMaid

Who finds the package the next morning?

Drake, a cubicle Worker

He had slept like a log. As he always did, since being trapped in a box for officially eight hours, but usually more then that, to make telephone calls and stare at a screen was getting to Drake and sapping his strength every day without fail. He had not heard anything suspicious at his apartment door that night and never checked his mail before work. The postman came around noon and Drake did not much care for reading newspapers either. Had he paid attention, he might have noticed the small package anyway, but as he didn't, i would have to sit in his mailbox all day. Regardless, the wicked machinations that intended him to obtain said package were not content in waiting that long...

Drake yawned loudly, typing on his keyboard. A quick look at the open space clock indicated he was far, far from being done with this never ending day. Around him, in their cubicles, dozens of other people were working just like him, the sound of keyboards all around the room. Drake sighed and wondered what he was doing there. Sure, the job was paying, but otherwise? He felt like he was stuck in here, and he was already 37. How could he still be in such a boring situation at that age? The brown haired man played with his tie. His mind was wandering, what should he change in his life? Job? Sure, but to do... what? This job was the only one he ever had, and didn't know how to do anything else. Marrying? Well, he was single, and until now, not really successful with ladies. Women working here liked him, but as the okay-guy-you-could-ask-for-help-when-needed. Not as a potential love interest.

Blair walked past his cubicle, not even looking at him. The 5'1 woman had never really noticed him, while lately, Drake had developed some interest for her. She wasn't the prettiest girl of the company. In fact, she was not even cute, just okay-ish. But unlike cute and pretty women around here, she was still single. One of the reasons, thinking over and over about it, why Drake was now curious about what he could try with her. He knew she wasn't the kind of girl anyone would look at in a group, in any group in fact, but she was thin, really thin, and he loved his girls thin, skinny some would say. He also loved boobs, which was a problem, because skinny girls didn't have much. But Blair, luckily, had breasts on the bigger side of B cups, interesting enough to Drake. But except for this, she was dark-haired, mousy looking and really shy.

"Daydreaming, Drake?" said Alison, her head appearing above his cubicle wall. The blonde and blue-eye cute cubicle neighbor of Drake was grinning down at him. She had nice breasts, Drake had noticed early on, thanks to the little baby fat she was still carrying. But also in a relationship with some dude she had met online. She was nice and all, but Drake knew he'd never have a chance with her. He was in the infamous friend-zone and had been almost since his first day here.

"Looking at Blair?" Alison said "That's cute." - "Yeah, looking, not much more, calm down Alison..." said a bored Drake. He knew Alison loved gossip, and seeing a single coworker looking at another was enough to fuel her with hours of unasked advice and theories. She was way too much into trying to help him. "You're right, she has a nice... er... body." Drake looked at Alison. No girl was jealous of Blair, because they all knew she wasn't really attractive. No unattractive either, just... meh. "She still has to look up at your breasts" Drake joked back to make Alison remember Blair wasn't as incredible as she wanted to tell him, and he knew it. "Stop playing the jaded guy! Come on, let's grab a coffee!" Drake agreed with a tired nod, and went with Alison to the coffee machine. There, Alison didn't want to give up helping him. "And by the way, she's not looking up at my breasts! If hers were any bigger, as skinny as she is, her back would just break in half! She has a great body, come on! You should definitely go out!" - "Alison, I'm just looking at her, I'm not fantasizing or thinking about marriage okay? Just calm down. Plus, I don't want to try anything until I know she's interested in me. Right now, I'm not even sure she knows I exist. We're at least one hundred people working in this floor, maybe she never even saw me." The more Alison was trying to patch them together, the less he was interested. But once he was back alone into his cubicle, he wouldn't admit it, but he was back thinking about Blair. Should he try something? He was really confused about all this.

That's when he noticed a package on his desk. Drake frowned. Alison and him and left their cubicles for less than five minutes. Drake stood to look above his cubicle wall, and asked Alison, back to her computer. "Hey, did the mail guy passed?" - "What?" Alison said, "Of course not! He only comes here in the morning, and I didn't hear him anyway. Why?" - "Uh... nothing. I should get back to work."

Drake sat back, looking at the brown package on his desk. Who placed it here? There wasn't even a name on it, just a note saying: "To the one who will find this, here's a present, just for you. Coming right from the abyss, may all your wishes come true."He couldn't make heads or tails of what this might mean. Was it really for him? Curiosity took the best of him, and without proof to think it was a wrong delivery, he decided it was indeed a package for him.

Opening the plain box, he was not quite sure what to expect. Almost fearing someone was in the process of playing a prank on him and the gift making a loud noise when opened, or shooting out confetti or somesuch, he fiddled the lip open with one hand, shielding over it with the other. As the opening increased, nothing happened. As Drake could finally see inside to ascertain the contents, he frowned. There was a black and silver voice recorder, like some people would use for dictation in offices and the likes. And nothing else.

"So... you're supposed to make things come true?" he whispered "Is that some kind of joke?" He still wasn't entirely sure the prank theory was dispelled, since this could theoretically be off of anyone's desk.

What's Drake's reaction?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)