More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LittleLilliana LittleLilliana

What is the phone call about?

Dogsitting

"Hello, my name is Wilma Berkson, and I saw your ad about needing some part time work this week?" The woman sounded to be in her mid 30s. She had a sweet tone, and immediately made Lily feel at ease. "I'm going out of town this week and need someone to watch my dog, I was hoping you would be able to undergo such a task. It pays well, and she's not really that much of a hassle. You just need to feed, water, and walk her a few times a day so she doesn't get cranky." Lily couldn't help but to show interest in the request, granted she had little to no experience in animals whatsoever.

She took another bite of her cereal whilst the woman was chattering on, being caught off guard with a mouthful of soggy mush when asked the question, "So what do you think?" A trail of milk glided down her chin as she spoke, covering her mouth as best as she could to block out the sound of chewing, "I fink that would be fine wifth me." She muttered, doing her best to come off as mature with her response.

There was a pause from Ms. Berkson on the other end of the line for a moment, before she accepted, "Very well, I will send you my address and you can meet me at noon for an interview. I'd like to make sure my pup is being treated with care, after all. If I like you, the job is yours, if not, well, we shan't worry about that." Lily didn't even have a chance to agree to the terms before Ms. Berkson hung up. She stared down at her phone, using her free hand to wipe her mouth, a bit puzzled. Sure, this woman sounded sweet, but when she met for an interview, would she actually be shrill and rude? Lily sure hoped not. She was used to dealing with... unsettling behavior in customers, especially working for a law firm, but she really didn't have the energy to argue with a woman over a dog.

For now, she decided she would take a shower, her hair was a bit greasy, and she hadn't taken one last night. The warm water felt great on her soft and smooth skin, the steam opening up her pores as she relaxed for a bit. She made sure to shave her legs, and spent some time on her hair, so brushing it wouldn't be as much of an issue. Once she'd gotten out and dried off, she found a pair of black panties in her drawer, covered in lace, and the matching bra she had bought to go with it. After they had been comfortably fitted around her waist, she pulled on a pair of fitted jeans, and then a spaghetti strap tank over her bra, followed up by a plaid, short-sleeved, collared shirt. This was a casual job, after all, she didn't think one of her suits was necessary.

She took some time to put on makeup and tend to her hair, which had been pulled back into a ponytail, her dark purple eyeshadow really making her eyes pop. She checked her phone to confirm the address, and headed out to run some errands before her interview.

Does Lily make it to Ms. Berkson's on time?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)