More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by kitykatkaty kitykatkaty

What happens next?

Doctors POV

Having led Brittney back to her car, Doctor Jennifer Drake hurried back to her office, anxious to monitor the progress of the clinical trial she just started. The application of the nanomaterial to her patient Brittney Banyard's lips and sex appeared to be a success, but of course this was just the beginning.

The doctor logged onto her laptop to check the remote connection to Brittney's collar. Everything was in order, with the collar transmitting data back on the status of the nanomicrobial material that was currently fusing to Brittney's body. She was able to ping the material and got a confirmation response that it was active and currently processing initial startup instructions.

"Excellent!" the doctor exclaimed. Just then her assistant Darnus entered her office.

"Just in time, Darnus. Take a look at the signals were are getting back from patient X. Everything is in normal ranges and the material should be 100% integrated this evening."

"What the hell, Jennifer, I see you've already moved to patient testing? I'm guessing you are not exactly telling the board about this yet?" Darnus questioned as he strode towards Doctor Drake, annoyed. Doctor Drake just grunted in response as she concentrated on the data scrolling across the screen.

"Let's just say the opportunity presented itself," the doctor was saying. "We'll keep this testing private for a while, if you don't mind. You know the board is annoyingly conservative and doesn't have the stomach for the type of testing needed to keep our research ahead of the competition. And besides, we both know the potential ethical issues that we can run up against with some of our recently developed treatments. We need some research on how people respond, how the use of our materials might make them susceptible to manipulation by others. What might happen if an unscrupulous person had the ability to inject a material into someone and enslave them into some misguided cause? What better way than to test our material on sex organs and monitoring the psychological impacts," the doctor explained.

"Mmhmm, I get it," responded Darnus. "But I know you, doctor. I think you enjoy these experiments a little too much. What makes you better then these 'unscrupulous people' when you do your experiments on unsuspecting individuals? I'm assuming patient X hasn't been informed of all of your plans or of the full functions of the material you've treated her with. And besides, what makes you an expert in psychology?"

"The difference is, Darnus," Jennifer responded as she became aggravated with Darnus, "is that I'm not in this to turn someone to my will. I'm studying the potential psychological risks of our invention, and whether it's possible to make someone do things they wouldn't otherwise do. If we understand this than we have a better chance at avoiding these issues, and also keep from getting sued by product safety activists. At the end of the experiment we deactivate the nanomaterial and that's the end of it, patient X returns to their old life. And obviously, if she was aware of the experiment then it would skew the results."

"If you say so. But you are taking a lot of risk here, there's too many unknowns, not to mention that you, and more important, me, could be put in prison for this sort of thing," Darnus responded, equally aggravated with the doctor.

"It's a calculated risk. And don't be so quick to judge, I know you are just as interested in moving forward with testing as I am. Don't tell me you've let the board sway your opinion," the doctor argued.

"Ok, ok, I get it. Look, I'd never rat on you, you know that. I just wish you'd let me in on your plans before you put us both at risk," Darnus responded.

"Fair enough. Now let's get down to business, shall we? Take a look at this," the doctor said as she turned back to the screen. "We are currently at 78% absorption, with only a 1.5% loss. Your latest synthesis is by far the most effective. By 9pm this evening the process should be complete, and achieve a better than 97% absorption."

"Wow, that is impressive," Darnus responded, momentarily proud of the result since she was using his latest strain of synthesized material. "Wait, what is that?" he asked, pointing to another window on her screen.

"Ha! So you noticed, very quick of you! That is the new program I've been developing. These nanomaterials are not just able to be put into a simple on or off state. While you've been developing the biological advances, I've been working on a fully programmable nanomaterial to go along with it. This batch of material is capable of any number of different functions. There is the low level code that manages the basic functions. In this case they are programmed to detect and avert all known STD's and also manage birth control. But here..." the doctor stated as she scrolled down through the code on the screen, "Here we can both measure and control sexual response. Not only that, but this material learns from its host. Basically once it's figured out what buttons to push to give the host sexual pleasure, it can then use those to please, or to deny, pleasure."

"Holy shit!" was all Darnus could say.

The doctor beamed as she watched the screen. "Yes, holy shit is right. The material is currently in learning mode. It will attempt different stimuli on patient X and grade them based on the host's response. Once complete it will go into a wait state. The collar that the patient is wearing is linked to us here, so we'll be able to monitor progress. We will also be able to transmit and execute different routines remotely as desired if we want to introduce additional functionality."

"Holy shit!" Darnus exclaimed again. "Do you know what this means? The implications are staggering! Completely programmable and adaptable! There'd be no limit to what you could do..." Darnus trailed off, suddenly a little fearful of the doctor.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? We can check on things in the morning, there's nothing more to do right now," the doctor stated as she shut down her laptop.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)