More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by NathanX NathanX

Get the address or decline?

Do the mission, in exchange for the appointment

You take a long drink from your glass, trying not to show how you are for any clue that would lead to a cure. The more you seem, the more leverage the CIA has on you. While you seldom turn down any mission, if it seems that you COULD turn it down, it allows you to make certain demands on them - such as only partnering you up with agents who you trust, like Diana.

"You seem less than enthused," Diana says.

"It's hard to get excited over one more 'possible' who has nothing to do with the woman I'm looking for," you lie. "99% of these 'experts' turn out to be kooks."
Diana gives you a wry look. "Well if you have any bigger leads to pursue, go right ahead…"

"All I'm saying is that I'm not getting my hopes up," you hedge, "But sure, I'll look into it, assuming this mission you have in mind is nothing like the last one."
Diana shakes her head. "No, it doesn't involve any violent criminals. Strictly undercover reconnaissance."

You take a deep breath. "Okay, give me the address."

Diana writes something down on a napkin and hands it to you. "As a gesture of good faith," she says, "I'll even let you decide to meet the lead before the mission. Is that what you'd like to do?"

Meet the 'expert' or do the mission first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)